Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pssst off with PST's

• 07-12-2004 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hey,

Had to roll back from Office 2003 to 2002 (Dont ask!!), does anyone know how to convert a 2003 Pst so it will open in Office XP (2002)

Any pointers would be good here coz I'm drawing a blakety blank cheque book and pen.

G

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

This is just a quick guess so dont take it as gospel.

As far as I am aware, Outlook 2003 uses two different, PST types
    2003 + and pre 2003.
    But you can save your PST folders in 2003 as pre 2003.

I dont think you can go the other way though, use a 2003 pst in 2002 for instance.

So you can either reinstall 2003 and save your PST in the older format which would enable you to use it in 2002.

Or get a friend to do the same.

or you could also try googling for some Add on to 2002 to allow you to read 2003 pst files.

Anyway like I said, I havent looked into it or anything..
    Best of luck

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If you don't mind doing them one by one then in 2003 you could go into
    data file management and add an outlook 97-2002 compat file and copy the folders into it one by one - tedious

File - import and export - export to file - pst - doesn't seem to give the option to choose file type :(

Have a look at this site http://www.slipstick.com/ they have lots of tips and utils

BTW: why pst's are bad (only if you have a choice between PST or OST)
    http://www.swinc.com/resources/exchange/faq_db.asp?status=questions&faqID=1000&faqname=Exchange%205.5&sectionID=1013&sectionName=Why%20PST%20=%20BAD

Advertisement