Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU CoH beta "this week"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Holy batman, how did this fly under the radar?

http://www.cityofheros.com/news/item363.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Nice job. Well spotted.
    [Edit]Signed up.
    Quite easy to do, considering I already had the account.[/Edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

I hit 50 yesterday, I might go to european beta, but I see no point in "testing" somethin that I have been playing for 3 months!Its more for a language and server test

Think ill just sit tight and play with hamidon on US servers :D

Cant wait for snowball fights!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

I don't like this new trend where an MMOG is released in the US and then in Europe six months later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Ave

Beta mails went out today, anyone get one?

/me did

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

/me Raises hand
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

\0/

Got one there today.
    What server do you guys play on?

[edit]
    ah no...
    is the beta test over? I missed it :(
    [/edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

freedom is the engllish speaking server. more beta mails going out in january.

keep an eye out for evangelon f/f blaster

LoLth wrote:
    freedom is the engllish speaking server. more beta mails going out in january.

keep an eye out for evangelon f/f blaster
    I got a beta invite. Sent me a key, so I input it in "manage accounts".
    But then it says "Expired" and has Activate. When I click activate it asks for a key but the original one doesnt work.

Any ideas?
    Was there an expiry period for the beta keys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Have started playing the beta. Great fun. First online RPG i havent been put off within an hour or 2. Anyhow, currently playing as an evil looking guy called Merry.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Thordon

Is this still on, I signed up about a week ago and no word back yet?

I played for a few days, got to level 7 and got completely bored.

The city is actually pretty cool, but then you find it's an empty shell, with the same repetitive enemies and NPC's(generally), I found movement annoying after Neocron, and combat completely devoid of fun.

Pity :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Ave wrote:
    I played for a few days, got to level 7 and got completely bored.

The city is actually pretty cool, but then you find it's an empty shell, with the same repetitive enemies and NPC's(generally), I found movement annoying after Neocron, and combat completely devoid of fun.

Pity :(

Sadly yea moving around is a serious pain in the backside until you get to level 14, Unless your a Kinetic in which case level 4 (Siphon Speed)*. It gets worse if you have actually played with travel powers then create a new character.

The enemies aren't that repetitive. They switch over after a certain level. For example around level 16-20 you face completly different enemies and again later on.

If you only played to level 7 and only for a few days you barely scratched the surface.

* Your speed is also dependant on your body frame and size. I find my smallest female character is fastest (Small female athlethic) and slowest is Bulky frame (Large Bulky Muscular).

I know the enemies changed, but they acted largely the same.

Like the difference between fighting grims, and going warbot hunting, there is a big difference, and an enjoyable difference.

Not so in COH.

Not true at all. They do change.

For example
    - Outcasts rountinely carry inspirations.
    - FreakShow guys will ressurect themselves (tend to wait until your not looking too).
    - Some will protect other baddies instead of attacking you. (eg. Sorcerers)
    - Some spawn new monsters or ressurect creatures. (eg. Banished Pathanon)
    - Some change (like the Councils werewolve fighters).
    - Some will run away and call in reinforcements. (Outcasts seem to like this)
    - Some will try to debuff or stun instead of attack. (The Family Underbosses)
    - Some will after a while ignore you and attack other mobs. (5th vs Council)
    - Some fly/teleport. (eg. Sky Raiders)

At the later levels it is more the combinations that can hurt then individual. Sorcerers for example are a serious pain in the backside if they have a team to support.

I am pretty sure you can't base a valid opinon based on going to level 7 and a couple of days playing. That wouldn't even go through all the classes, let alone see even a fraction of the world.

Hobbes wrote:
    * Your speed is also dependant on your body frame and size. I find my smallest female character is fastest (Small female athlethic) and slowest is Bulky frame (Large Bulky Muscular).

Em, no, thats a total fib :D
    It will effect the animation speed, but not the actual movement.You can take many baby steps, or less giant steps :D

Ahh ok. Its just it feels horribly slower with my bulky guy compared to my tiny one.

Ye, I know some people make smaller toon because it makes them feel like they run faster (some also do it so there is less in the way of your view) but in reality, you move at the same speed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Thordon

Thordon wrote:
    Is this still on, I signed up about a week ago and no word back yet?
    I just got it now :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 staxx

Just got mine now, getting 170KB+ per sec download, thank u NTL and a UK server! :D

Advertisement