Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

any hope on these been tuned in?

• 07-12-2004 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭

any hope on these been tuned in??? in especially 'sport tv'

http://www.sporttv.pt/

UBC ESPN 78° e Irdeto 2
    NTV+ On-Line 36° e Viaccess 2
    SuperSport 3 SA 36° e Seca 2
    C+ Deporte 1 19° e Irdeto 2 (e)
    ART Sport 2 13° e Viaccess 2 (e)
    Sky Sport 1 (Italy) 13° e Seca 2 • N.D.S. (e)
    ART Sport 2 7° w Irdeto 2 (e)
    C+ Deporte 1 30° w NagraVision 2
    Sport TV 30° w NagraVision

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

You will pick up sporttv on an 80cm dish no hassle pointing at Hispasat 30w however as it is a pay tv channel one must have a legit viewing card to view

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭toonarmy

bollocks ....have neither big dish / or card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

ART Sport is widely available. I believe 99 pounds for a season.

(and an 80cm dish pointed at Hotbird)

Or just about any pub in Dublin..............

Pal wrote:
    ART Sport is widely available. I believe 99 pounds for a season.

a card needed aye? and would that work without moving sky digital dish..?

forget question ,just read all your message

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

similar but not the same

is that arabic channel still on Astra 2

had a look for it on lyngsat and cant find it anywhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

The newcastle UEFA Cup match is live on ITV2 Thursday week.

SPORT: UEFA Cup Live
    Channel: ITV2 118
    Date: Thursday 16th December 2004
    Time: 19:00 to 22:00 (starting in 9 days)
    Duration: 3 hours.
    (Newcastle v Sporting Lisbon)
    Matt Smith presents live coverage from St James' Park of Newcastle's final UEFA Cup group game, against Sporting Lisbon of Portugal. Commentary by Peter Drury and Jim Beglin. Kick-off at 7.45.
    (Exclusive to ITV2, Live)

Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=58187
    Copyright ©1999-2004 GipsyMedia Ltd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

Mossy Monk wrote:
    is that arabic channel still on Astra 2
    had a look for it on lyngsat and cant find it anywhere

Not on Astra. Check out Hotbird.

TV-DIG-CRYPT 65 12.015 H ART Sport 4 HOT234KS MPG2 VICS 27500 3/4 526 2654 142 485 6500 318 Arabic

TV-DIG-CRYPT 65 12.015 H ART Sport 3 HOT234KS MPG2 VICS 27500 3/4 524 5634 140 483 6500 318 Arabic

TV-DIG-CRYPT 65 12.015 H ART Sport 2 HOT234KS MPG2 VICS 27500 3/4 525 5645 141 481 6500 318 English

TV-DIG-CRYPT 65 12.015 H ART Sport HOT234KS MPG2 VICS 27500 3/4 519 720 135 472 6500 318 Arabic

Shamrok wrote:
    The newcastle UEFA Cup match is live on ITV2 Thursday week..

i hear ya shamrok , but being greedy ...saturdays game is on one of the above , just chancing my arm really...

anyone in the waterford area know of /or doing nixers for a better footy setup please pm me.

You could get an official ART sports card for a footie setup, 80cm dish pointed at hotbird, A reciever with either embedded viaccess cam or standalone viaccess cam and a ci slot(s). The card atm costs about 100euros for 6 months with english commentary normally always the default. Lately some issues with english language. Check out qcleisure.net for a card.

You could get an official ART sports card for a footie setup, 80cm dish pointed at hotbird, A reciever with either embedded viaccess cam or standalone viaccess cam and a ci slot(s). The card atm costs about 100euros for 6 months with english commentary normally always the default. Lately some issues with english language. Check out qcleisure.net for a card.[/QUOTE

ya see i'm lost when i hear in bold above ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

toonarmy wrote:
    You could get an official ART sports card for a footie setup, 80cm dish pointed at hotbird, A reciever with either embedded viaccess cam or standalone viaccess cam and a ci slot(s). The card atm costs about 100euros for 6 months with english commentary normally always the default. Lately some issues with english language. Check out qcleisure.net for a card.[/QUOTE

ya see i'm lost when i hear in bold above ..

Hotbird is the satellite on 13 degrees east,$ky is on 28.2 degrees east so Hotbird is a little to the right of $ky.

This and example a receiver with and embedded VIACCESS cam module to take your ART TV card!!!

If your receiver have the slots but no viaccess embedded cam you need this!!!

Have I been of any help???

greenman wrote:
    Hotbird is the satellite on 13 degrees east,$ky is on 28.2 degrees east so Hotbird is a little to the right of $ky.

This and example a receiver with and embedded VIACCESS cam module to take your ART TV card!!!

If your receiver have the slots but no viaccess embedded cam you need this!!!

Have I been of any help???

yes , so first i need a new dish / secondly new box [VIACCESS cam module] and possibly Viaccess 2 RED CAM .....it aint cheap , can i also have sky digital running also?

toonarmy wrote:
    yes , so first i need a new dish / secondly new box [VIACCESS cam module] and possibly Viaccess 2 RED CAM .....it aint cheap , can i also have sky digital running also?

Its a lot of money up front for football.
    I've been building up my setup for over 11 years including 6 dishes 9 lnbs 8 receivers 2 cams a motorised system lots of cable and plugs.
    My advantage is I buy my gear in Brussels off Moroccan shops that are selling sat gear by the ton daily so its pretty cheap, its on a street with about 9 sat shops I call it sat heaven!!!
    In answer to your question about having $ky running in tandem well thats possible.
    Feel free to ask more!!!

What's the price like over there Greenman on dishes over 2m in diameter?

I'll ask next time I'm there!!!
    110cm Triaxs are 40/5 E's!!!! :):):)

Bloody hell that is cheap, my wondering being if they are very cheap there I could find myself hopping into the bat mobile and travelling over and collecting one!

Bloody hell that is cheap, my wondering being if they are very cheap there I could find myself hopping into the bat mobile and travelling over and collecting one!

Its Rue Brabant Brussels. Beside Brussel Nord railway. Sat Heaven!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

Cheapest (new) dish over 2M I've seen anywhere is this 2.4M Fortecstar steel prime focus for €286. Only an az-el mount though. I've emailed for a shipping quote to Ireland, but no reply.
    http://www.wizardsatellite.com/wizard.php?show=products&pdid=10222&prid=11&page=4&ss=&sessionid=d1536079a05cb1eb470d9908f444f620

Has anyone here had items as heavy as this (approx 65Kg) shipped from the UK for a reasonable price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭john_graydon

greenman wrote:
    Its a lot of money up front for football.
    I've been building up my setup for over 11 years including 6 dishes 9 lnbs 8 receivers 2 cams a motorised system lots of cable and plugs.
    My advantage is I buy my gear in Brussels off Moroccan shops that are selling sat gear by the ton daily so its pretty cheap, its on a street with about 9 sat shops I call it sat heaven!!!
    In answer to your question about having $ky running in tandem well thats possible.
    Feel free to ask more!!!

Surprised you hav`nt got a Dreambox yet. Forget those cards and cams.

Surprised you hav`nt got a Dreambox yet. Forget those cards and cams.

Too complicated for me!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭john_graydon

toonarmy wrote:
    any hope on these been tuned in??? in especially 'sport tv'

http://www.sporttv.pt/

UBC ESPN 78° e Irdeto 2
    NTV+ On-Line 36° e Viaccess 2
    SuperSport 3 SA 36° e Seca 2
    C+ Deporte 1 19° e Irdeto 2 (e)
    ART Sport 2 13° e Viaccess 2 (e)
    Sky Sport 1 (Italy) 13° e Seca 2 • N.D.S. (e)
    ART Sport 2 7° w Irdeto 2 (e)
    C+ Deporte 1 30° w NagraVision 2
    Sport TV 30° w NagraVision

Watching Sport tv every time Chelsea play. You should really get a 80cm dish and swing it round to 30w. Not that expensive Plus you get a few movies and xxx ch. The (e) after the encryption means there is english commentary available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

greenman wrote:
    Its Rue Brabant Brussels. Beside Brussel Nord railway. Sat Heaven!!!!
    Yeah, i found my way to Rue Brabant last year as a result of Greenmans tip-off.
    Its SAT Central for sure. Still have a card from one of the dealers:
    La Maison du Satellite,
    Rue de Brabant, 73
    Tel 02-2191419
    The guy i spoke to there had good english - many of the others didnt. So give them a call if you want prices on something specific.

Eurorunner wrote:
    Yeah, i found my way to Rue Brabant last year as a result of Greenmans tip-off.
    Its SAT Central for sure. Still have a card from one of the dealers:
    La Maison du Satellite,
    Rue de Brabant, 73
    Tel 02-2191419
    The guy i spoke to there had good english - many of the others didnt. So give them a call if you want prices on something specific.

Ye I know that bloke I've bought a few things from him in the past. Decent seller!!! :)

Advertisement