Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wacken Open Air Festival???

Options
  • 10-06-2001 2:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Who was it who was going???
    And what were the flight details and things???

I need those again...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

when's it on? who is playing? and how do I get there smile.gif

I don't suppose blind guardian / iced earth are playing?

oh OH ohOHOHOH!

I am SO going there
    hammerfall, helloween, nightwish, rage!
    no blind guardian but they will do me smile.gif
    now all I have to do is get money, and people to go with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

It doesn't look like I'll be going now...
    I have cash flow problems, and it looks like it's going to cost quite a lot to get there...

Personaly, I'd LOVE to see Dimmu Borgir and Nightwish...

frown.gif sux
    there is an option at argon-direct.com for the festival.. £75, incl bus, ferry, and hotel for the two/three nites, and brekkie smile.gif

don't think it covers the ticket too though....
    , tis cheaper if you camp too.. not sure how much, 'twould be on the site

Yeah, I checked out Argon events...

Thing is, you'd have to pay as much to get to where the pickup point is in England, and that aint too good...

Oh, and the price does include the ticket.

• Advertisement

it does? cool

hrm.. I hadn't really looked into getting over to england yet.... ferrys are fairly cheap aren't they?
    hrm
    must look into that

Yeah, they're pretty cheap, but you'd find a flight that's just as cheap if you book over the internet...

Try Ryan air, I got a flight for less than £50, and at pretty ****ing short notice...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Do Ryanair fly to Hamburg? I booked a flight from Stanstead to Hamburg for £100 with Lufthansa. You can get it cheaper but there's 12 of us going. Just waiting to get a cheap flight Dublin to Stanstead on Ryanair. There's a number to get tickets cheap from Germany on the Waoken-open-air site. Don't buy them off Argon unless you're doing the full package - the mark up is nearly 100%.

well yeah I was going to get the full package...
    but I'm not sure now.. (a) because the people i had to *maybe* go just told me that they can't go
    and (b) well, if flying over is cheaper...

damnit
    I need more mettler friends smile.gif

I know people who went with Argon on the package last year and would never do it again. It's a military style operation - you miss the warm-up night (one of the best) and you have to leave early. Plus the journey is a ****in nightmare. Go to ebookers.com and try and get yourself on the 1.30pm flight to Hamburg from Stanstead on 2 Aug (can't guarantee there'll be any cheap tickets left). There were loads of metallers on it last year. We were sitting beside Napalm Death. Great craic.

• Advertisement

Doesn't look like I'll be going at all at this stage, but I was going to book through argon events.

Thankfully I didn't...

Anyway, lads... Have a good time without me.

And, what were Napalm Death like?

Well, it was only a one and a half hour flight but they managed to drink a helluva a lot more than me. Thats saying something.

check out the Slayer/Pantera/COF at the Point posting.

Now that is serious.

Advertisement