Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCSA / MCSE Certification

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Never heard of it, or anyone doing the mcse that way.
    But looks interesting all the same. I would be interested in hearing how you got on with it though.

I always prefer the old way of doing it, books and exam sims etc.
    Mainly because I find studying off the screen hard and I find I dont learn as much, aswell as the fact that I kind of prefer just reading a book.

I have also tried studying some of those little nugget videos where they run through the diff. situations/simulation on the screen but again I dont find the particularly effective.

Imo it is always better to get a copy of server and just do the practicals your self on a real server, where you can see all the options you have and where you make changes etc. It is by far an easier\better way to learn. Simply because you will remember what you did.

Infact probably the best way at the moment if you wanted to rip a server apart and play with it completly changing everything at a whim just to see what happens is to get a trial copy of the OS in question (M$ give out demo copies, also student copies) and get a copy of VMware workstation. load on to your regular PC, stick on the guest OS and then you can make all the changes you want but when you exit the Guest OS you dont save the changes, so it stays just like it was at the start. The Benefit obviously is that you only have to load the Guest OS once.

Anyway Im rambling :)

CDs. might suit you, but I think the book + Sim route is best.
    Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭dabhal

cant see a vid being any good and the price is crap.
    Stick with a good ol sybex book and transender exam.
    And dont forgot a crap load of braindumps

Advertisement