Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat bt/ iol Problom

• 07-12-2004 12:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

usually i wouldnt complain about this as id be loving it but im now a fully working member of society etc.. and need to keep a good credit rating for banks etc.. my problom is that esat have never billed me afaik . i might of paid the first bill (over a year ago )but since that nothing . not a e-mail or a letter . they left it so long my credit card has expired and a new one was issued so they would need the new info .

anyone know anyone i could e-mail to get this sorted as if ive to pay €40 pm thats almost €500 and id like to know when ive to pay it so i can plan it into the budget .

also anyone else have this problom ????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

I had a similar problem. Rather then getting a bill or seeing a direct debit go out of my account I used to get overdue - pay up now letters. I used to ring to complain and then two months later the same thing again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

aodh_rua wrote:
    I had a similar problem. Rather then getting a bill or seeing a direct debit go out of my account I used to get overdue - pay up now letters. I used to ring to complain and then two months later the same thing again.

ahh so u got a letter .. .wonder when ill be getting one

looks like i should of kept my mouth shut . seems im not one of there customers accorind to there files but am shown up as was connected . they said they would ring me back when they looked into it ...
    bah .. could of had free bb

well i think i got this sorted today . got talking to a very nice girl who sorted it all out for me and said that i wouldnt be charged for anything previous to this day . so woho free bb for a year !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

It would have been unfair of them to punish you for your honesty.

IOLBB are used to botch-ups like this. I've generally had no problems in the last 14months (they've billed me roughly every 2 months), but I've seen plenty of strange stories on this board relating to iolbb.

I'm gonna switch to NTL as soon as I can. 3 times the d/l speed, twice the u/l speed, twice the d/l cap, and a reduced contention ratio for about €2 cheaper per month (come January) - it's a bit of a no brainer!

My only worry is how the cable bb signal would be effected by the time it reaches my PC - it has to go through a few satelite dishes and boosters with dodgy connections before it reaches the computer room (up in the attic).

• Advertisement
Advertisement