Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

First time car insurance at 33

Options
  • 07-12-2004 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭

Guys... I was just wondering if any of you could tell me where the best (cheapest) car insurances places would be for someone who is on their 2nd provisional licence (on waiting list for driving test) and is 33 years old. I am not a named driver on any car and as such have no no claims bonus

was thinking of getting a 1 litre Puto, micra or something around those lines. I entered my details on the Quinn Direct site but was told that i could not be quoted... i presume because i had no no claims bonus... Anway if anybody had a couple of websites or phone numbers of insurers that they could let me know of and i could see if they would insure me.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Puto's sell themselves by the litre now?

(sorry, couldn't resist)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

get the golden pages and ring every insurance company and broker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

your 33, your laughin tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Swarfboy

Hiya,
    I was a 30 yr old first time driver... and could only get insured by Quinn on a provisional... I should have gone to Joe Duffy or something because that is anti competitive... Yes I got hammered up the bakey for it too....
    And the reason ......... Over 30 provisional drivers are get this.. "more of a risk" .......So we should all learn between the ages of 25 and 30 and there shall be no exceptions.. Ms. Harney going on about "shopping around" and McCreavy calling me "mathematically challenged" really got my goat that year.... Just glad its all over... Get your licence first is my advice and don't give the bastids the pleasure of rippin ya off........!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭sandyg

Try Quoteline 0429359019. They are based in Dundalk and will shop around for a resonable insurance for you. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

Buy car in parents name get put on as named driver. get a campervan in parents name you get husband wife + other family member on as standard,get a classic,get a classic + a moped (you need 2nd policy but not with every company) or my favourite....get a classic and a campervan.Some of these ideas may seem silly but you'd be surprised at the cost of some of these policys.I'd much rather spend money on a vehicle than give it to an insurance company.If you don't like classics or campervans (surely not) then opton one is your best bet but leave a few months between buying and insuring parent on vehicle and adding yourself to the policy other wise they'll just charge you as if it was yours.

Advertisement