Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why I hate Morrissey/Smiths

Options
  • 19-06-2001 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭

After years of intensive and painful research I can now definitively define why exactly I intensely dislike the flower swinging muppet.

He's singing a completely different song to the music. The lyrics just don't fit.

QED

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    art is everything and of course nothing and possibly also a sausage

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

This could be considered by many people Genious...

I remember a song by Monster Magnet called Dead Christmas that was such a totaly up-beat and happy song musicaly, but the lyrics were simply nasty and depressing.
    I thought it was good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭harVee

This may come as a shock to some of you, but it is not strictly necessary to make words at the end of lines in songs rhyme.

And remember, some girls mothers are bigger than other girls mothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by amp:
    After years of intensive and painful research I can now definitively define why exactly I intensely dislike the flower swinging muppet.

He's singing a completely different song to the music. The lyrics just don't fit.

QED

</font>

this rubbish is crying out for a good flaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

'there is a light that never goes out'

plz explain what you intensely dislike about that song?

calling the singer a 'flower swinging muppet' is of course nothing to do with the song.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by harVee:
    This may come as a shock to some of you, but it is not strictly necessary to make words at the end of lines in songs rhyme.
    </font>

I don't think anybody mentioned ryhming, least of all me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Personally I don't understand anyone who hates a certain type of music. I mean I can understand if you don't like it but if it bothers you that much then just don't listen to it! Why waste years of your life on painful research?!

John (yes THE John!)
    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Puck:
    Personally I don't understand anyone who hates a certain type of music. I mean I can understand if you don't like it but if it bothers you that much then just don't listen to it! Why waste years of your life on painful research?!

</font>

I hate boy bands. biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Nobody mentioned hating a type of music. I just hate Morrissey/Smiths. And boy bands of course.

P.s If my post bothers you that much, don't read it wink.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by amp:
    P.s If my post bothers you that much, don't read it wink.gif

</font>

Aaaaahhhhh - it's too late I already did. Now it's in my head and I can't make it go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i also dislike morrisy and the smiths very much
    shirtlifters of the world unite and take it..
    yes indeed, it is the bomb that will blow us together
    etc etc
    get a life you whinging maggot.
    mearly as bad as that cobain chap

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

i have to say i am not teh biggest fan of teh smaiths...moz's voice always irked me a bit but they still have some great songs (there is a light that never goes out, still ill) and i mean they give you a chance to brush up on your bad 80's dancing wink.gifwink.gif

http://www.eclectichoney.com

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Well, Amp care to clear up what your talking about? The lyrics just dont fit how?

FYI, all you nirvana heads, morrisey was doing exactly what poor little kurt was doing 10 years before him

and wwman, the lyric is 'the bomb will BRING us together'

Advertisement