Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most Over-Rated Movie of 2004

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

1. I Robot

2. Open Water

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Kill Bill Vol. 2
    Saw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

My 2 are :
    Lost in Translation (complete and utter crap)
    I Robot

I actually thought Kill Bill 2 was a very good film, and thought Saw was very enjoyable too - I disagree with Saw being overrated, the first time I heard of the movie was 5 mins before I went to see it in the cinema and looking back I dont remember any tv ads or posters or anything hyping it up. And theres no way Hero was overrated, and even if it was in some way, it lived up to the hype surrounding it. Brilliant movie, strong storyline - amazing cinematography (eg:
    the real time arrows scene, and the water fight scene).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Phil_321

Shrek 2.
    Lame movie, especially when compared to the incredible The Incredibles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,935 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

Shrek 2
    Lost in Translation

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Superman 2.
    Bridget Jones 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭Geranium

Troy. Orlando Swoon at his worst.... Also King Arthur. Talk about historical inaccuracies, that leather boob tube was disgraceful....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Kill Bill Vol.2 - absolute, utter, tripe.

Honourable mention: "Troy" for managing to condense the Illiad into a two week time-frame ....

I've not seen "The Day after tomorrow" yet so can't comment on it. Nor have I seen "King Arthur" yet. I wont say "Lost in Translation" since despite my opinion of it, it wasn't hyped the way my two nominations were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Thrasher

Fahrenheit 9/11.

Not only was it a terrible, simple-minded and manipulative collage with a voiceover pretending to be a documentary, but by including so many inaccuracies, Mike Moore used up all the best arguments before the election campaign and gave the right-wing far too many opportunities to dress up George W as the victim of a smear campaign.

Shame on you Moore; and shame on you Tarantino pissing on what was left of the few credible film prizes going (Cannes...). Even you should have spotted a dud when you saw one.

/T

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭Fence

Lost In translation

byte wrote:
    Superman 2.
    Bridget Jones 2

Superman?

My vote goes to Fahrenheit 9/11 - nothing else was THIS hyped up!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

troy....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Fahrenheit 9/11
    Hero - just a lengthy music video, with not much music.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement