Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 simultaneous SIMS in one phone

Options
  • 07-12-2004 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 756 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I have a UK cell phone that I use for dealing with clients in the UK, so that they can call me on a UK number. I also have an Irish cell phone for dealing with Irish clients. Is there anyway I can do this with just one phone? I would need the two numbers active simultaneously.

It's not an option to give a foreign mobile number to a client so I need both numbers.

Is there any provider that can offer this service? is there any phone that can do this? All I have seen so far are phones that can take 2 sims but only use one at a time.

Anyhow I'd be very grateful if anyone can help me with this.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Im not too sure if you can have 2 numbers active at the same time but there is a twin sim holder as you mentioned but only 1 sim would be active at one time.

You could divert 1 number to the other so both clients will be able to reach you on the 1 phone im not to sure though,but its worth a try :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

barry3650 wrote:
    Im not too sure if you can have 2 numbers active at the same time but there is a twin sim holder as you mentioned but only 1 sim would be active at one time.

You could divert 1 number to the other so both clients will be able to reach you on the 1 phone im not to sure though,but its worth a try :rolleyes:
    thatd end up costing a fair bit though.
    why not get a cheap second phone instead?

id put a fair bit of money on the fact that phones can only opertae one sim at a time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

I suppose but its the only way i can see it working out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

barry3650 wrote:
    I suppose but its the only way i can see it working out

It would be a bloody large phone with a tonne of radiation from 2x transmitters!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Zaph0d

barry3650 wrote:
    That's the answer for me. I'll set up an every call divert from my UK phone to the Irish number. I was a bit confused thinking about about phones that can operate in different frequencies like tri-band (of course these only operate on one freq at a time). And yes I don't want to fry my brain with too much radiation.
    Chalk wrote:
    thatd end up costing a fair bit though.
    why not get a cheap second phone instead?
    Won't cost too much cause it's a PAYG UK phone and I always call back from a landline whenever I'm called. I can't carry two phones all the time cause it would be too much to remember!

thanks all

• Advertisement
Advertisement