Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it take you to get UTV installed?

• 07-12-2004 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

I ordered UTV about 3 weeks ago and still no word on when they're gonna activate BB for me. They came back within the stated 10 days to say they have changed over the phone service (though I still go a charged line rental by Eircom :mad: ) but still no word on BB. Anyone have a contact worth chasing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ai ing

It was the same for me - took nearly four weeks to get mine turned on. Just give the customer service a ring as they are usually very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 mirage

Thanks, I've just fired them off an email asking same :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,170 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I ordered 20th October - see thread below of my saga, although this may have been exacerbated by being on an Eircom trial beforehand.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=203878

I've been promised that the line will be activated on 8th December - tomorrow !! -woohoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,170 ✭✭✭beer enigma

8th December came & went - still no broadband activation.

I phoned UTV & they told me its Eircom's fault.

How can UTV give assurances that the line will be activated within 10 working days & then fall back onto the lets blame Eircom route ??

"We have to activate your telephone line for broadband usage which will take up to 10 working days*"

Advertisement