Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone know the plot of bf2?

Options
  • 07-12-2004 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

anyone know the plot of bf2, tried to google for it but nothing seems to show up. Though maybe im mistaken but during the vid i saw for it when they buggy is driving up to a campsite u can see an Indian flag there

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

In a nut shell yanks vrs the middle east

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

I think its something to do with time travel. Cavemen have been transported from the year 1850 to do battle with modern day US forces in iraq, to put to bed once and for all the debate about whod win in a fight, cavemen from the year 1850, or modern day US forces?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

but how come the cave men drive around in T-72 tanks?!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Humm .. better not be like this: http://darkyi.de/gh/halflife.gif (spoilers tbh..)

BF2 is US Vs [:rolleyes @ EA] Middle east coalition and China. So pretty much every map is going to be US Vs someone, as it always seems to be these days.

The story line ... well, there is no real storyline, its just reall achieve the objections without getting killed much tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

why cant it be Irish terrorists,spanish terrorists or UN/Nato/EU
    forces for a change. After all, IRA reportatly have enuff weapons to arm a small country :-)

I still beleive a map on seacat/stena line with Cetic v Rangers fans would be funny :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Berns wrote:
    why cant it be Irish terrorists,spanish terrorists or UN/Nato/EU
    forces for a change. After all, IRA reportatly have enuff weapons to arm a small country :-)

I still beleive a map on seacat/stena line with Cetic v Rangers fans would be funny :)
    that sounds like a deadly idea for a custom map! I definetly play it anyway :)

It would be nice to have someone else than the americans against the middle-east again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

suppafly wrote:
    that sounds like a deadly idea for a custom map! I definetly play it anyway :)

It would be nice to have someone else than the americans against the middle-east again

yea, I'm already tired of Americans vs middle east wars

would be nice if there was IRA in the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Rekki

far as i know there is 3 side in this game US (well who else) middle east (well who else) and china oddly enough...

thats all i know atm but the battlefield games have never been strong story telling games TBH
    its more of a all out on-line shooter great fun

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Rekki wrote:
    far as i know there is 3 side in this game US (well who else) middle east (well who else) and china oddly enough...

thats all i know atm but the battlefield games have never been strong story telling games TBH
    its more of a all out on-line shooter great fun

yep, really does it matter if it has a story? it's not an arcade style, it's online shooter

anyone knows what weapon selection there is?

*I hope there is BAR * :cool:

it been made by the makers of the DC mod for who ever makes the BF games
    so its a remake of BF: DC with spanky graphics...... :rolleyes:

**cough**REHASH**cough**

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Rekki wrote:
    it been made by the makers of the DC mod for who ever makes the BF games
    so its a remake of BF: DC with spanky graphics...... :rolleyes:

Its actually being made by Dice Sweden, the same crowed who gave us BF1942. The Team who made DC, Trauma Studio's were bought by DICE and now operate under the name DICE New York. They are providing input and help to the DICE Sweden team.

well i was almost right :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Therefore they may as well be making it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

[offtopic]

didnt the original cs (beta 1) have the terr side named IRA? they removed it when the game became more popular due to complaints.

reason for US vs Middle east = No one bitches about mis-representation of the middle east as evil terrorists and no one wants to point out how wrong the image of the US army as a finely tuned military army is.

personnally i think they should for pure internet joy that the servers choose the sides names and the weapons each side have. This will A) make most servers unigue. Secondly for clan matches both sides would have armies suited to their game style plus also their own flag and national anthem (which you all sing over teamspeak before the game begins) and have their own salutes and sh*t like that would be cool. It would seriously make me play the game on as many servers as i can.

Have a Boards.ie flag with our army consisting entirely of dune buggies with rocket launchers. Our national anthem would be Beutiful by christina arguilera and our weapons would be pitchforks and spam guns.

the other side would be the united forces of reality who would have thermo nuclear weapons and a national anthem of Asshole by denis leary.

of course we would still win.

Advertisement