Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

svchost - why does it fail?

• 07-12-2004 4:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

after adding W2K as my ne OS, I find that sometimes the svchost.exe routine or whatever fails now and again. The result is the inability to copy and paste, either by keyboard command, or File/Edit menus. After a while, I'll get a pop-up telling me that "svchost has failed/terminaed, the programme will have to be restarted" but will only rectify itself when I reboot.

I know it s a must have process, I found that bit out. And when I go into Task Manager, there are 3 different instances of it running (3 different sizes too)...

...has anybody else experiences with this, or know what I am up against?

I gotta reboot now!

Cheers,

Seanie.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

$||-><-||$ wrote:
    probably blaster worm or similar, run stinger service pack and patch it, should be fine then

Did that, and I have AVG & Norton 2004 running simultaneously... I update all the time, and do weekly scans. Nothing has been detected, and this has been happening since day one.

Seanie.

Advertisement