Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMS Download...

Options
  • 07-12-2004 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Does anybody know of an app that lets you download your sms to it (via Cable/IR/Bluetooth) and displays all your messages in threaded format...much like this message board?

Ive had a good google and I dont think anything like this exists.
    Maybe one of you budding young programmers / college boys could make one? ;)

Im sure there would be a market for it. I know id pay for it.

Looking forward to your thoughts on this one....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Floats Mobile Agent might be close to what you're looking for, but doesn't thread afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Do phones thread messages?
    How do they link the messages?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Philbert

Greebo I dont know of any phone that threads sms messages but im sure it would be very easy to do in an application.

Ideally your "thread titles" would just be your contacts and they would be threaded in order of time sent and received. Its a pretty simple thing if you think about it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Don't most phones let you send your SMSs to outlook these days ? Then you could just group by sender and sort by time/date received ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

GreeBo wrote:
    Do phones thread messages?
    How do they link the messages?
    Custom binary headers (technically part of the message itself) that describe the message order, etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement