Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Location Based Games

Options
  • 07-12-2004 5:07pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I do alot of work with technologies that can postion people and items indoors and outdoors and the potential for Location Based Games is huge. As a test agame I wrote Pac-Man where you have to move around an office to move the Pac-Man on the screen.

Another good example was a game called Pirates! where every player had a PDA and when they moved around their ship sailed around in the game, letting them fight, trade and explore.

What do people think would make good Location Based games (indoors or out doors) or is the idea stupid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

It'd work best on mobile phones, but they'd have be basically free for them to achieve a critical mass and become fun. There's certainly a lot of potential though.. psuedo-rl FPSs/RPGs/etc that could take a bite out of the MMO market perhaps..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

They are novelty only.

I downloaded to my phone a location based text adventure. I couldn't be assed to try and find the next location.

Advertisement