Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music to the seat-belt TV campaign

Options
  • 18-06-2001 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Name that tune.

Does anybody know the songs, I gather that one is the David Bowie track done by a girl band but what is the other song? The mix of the two songs is excellent, major/minor - happy/sad = an excellent combination. Kolodny, you always know this kind of stuff - spill the beans.

Sorry to say it but I always get a smile on my face when I watch that advert, my girlfriend wants me to turn the TV 'coz it's sick but the music makes it for me.

(no disrespect intended)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

I think the David Bowie sampling track is by Samantha Mumba.... don't know what the other one is though.

Can't watch that ad though. Have to look away every time it's on. Is it me or do those kind of ads just get more shocking over the years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Oh yeah

I think it's a good ad, really made an impact.

Pun not really intended, I swear! Oh dear.

This ain't the right bored to discuss it, but it is a very effective ad..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

body to body?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Remeber, you're only legally responsible for ppl under 17 wearinng their seatbelts.

The rest can go to hell, perhaps sooner than they think...MUAHAHAHAHHA!

Rob.

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Hendrix_Unlucky13

Yes, Samantha Mumba, that's it. And the second tune? It's not the people that did "Moving on up" is it...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Son of Blam

It's "Body II Body" By Samantha Mumba, which is crap.

And that track samples "Ashes To Ashes" by David Bowie, which is great.

-Son of Blam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭rumpelstiltskin

Anyone know where you can get one of those CD players they had in the car??
    It didnt even skip once..
    biggrin.gif

Ok that was wrong, i am sorry.

Advertisement