Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airgun tuning?

Options
  • 07-12-2004 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hello,

new to the boards so initial question is a bit dull...

Anyone know where I can get an airgun tuned in the Kildare/Meath/dublin area?

The trigger could use a bit of work too...

Thanks.

Airy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

What do you mean by "tuned" airy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭gouda

airy-fairy wrote:
    Hello,

new to the boards so initial question is a bit dull...

Anyone know where I can get an airgun tuned in the Kildare/Meath/dublin area?

The trigger could use a bit of work too...

Thanks.

Airy.
    Don't know of anyone here but in the UK there are Webley Venom,BSA and numerous others.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭airy-fairy

Hi Sparks,

by tuned I mean serviced I suppose. But more of an emphasis of tweaking it so it performs to its best.

Gouda, yeah plenty of options for getting this work done in the UK but price, exchange and shipping the gun abroad would be a little too much like hard work.

I would have a shot at it myself, but after the fiasco of removing the locks from my side by side to clean/oil I'd be more inclined to leave it to the professionals!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

If it's just general servicing, you could try Kendall-monson in Dun Laoighaire (I'll PM you the number), that was where DURC sent their air rifles for servicing that was past the general cleaning stage. If Dave couldn't do the work himself, he handled all the logistics of sending off the rifle to germany (our air rifles were all Feinwerkbaus) for us. There's probably one or two other people qualified to do this stuff, but K-M's the only crowd I know of myself, I'm afraid. Hope that helps...

Advertisement