Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB Rules!! (Ha! Yea Right!)

• 07-12-2004 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

Thats it I've had enough, bring me a bullet, a gun and the CEO of Irish Broadband! I'll even be fair a let him run as fast as he can around a grassy field but even thou i only have one bullet, Thrust me..... I Wont Miss! :p
    I suppose i should tell you guys why i am just a "little" annoyed with IBB.
    Around a month and a half ago i decided i had enough of Eircom (thats a WHOLE other story) and i said I'd give Irish Broadband a whirl seeing a we use it in work and never have any problems, but thats prob cos the boss Owens an IBB transmission site.

Anyway i gave them a shout via e-mail but i never got a reply so i called and i was told i wasn't covered, ah well what can ya do right? But wait, a few days later i finally get an e-mail telling me i am covered?? So i call back up and i'm told once more that i am not covered, so i leave it at that. Only to get ANOTHER e-mail with attached order forms.
    So i call up one more final time and ask is it Yay or Nay? Turns out i am covered but just barely. YAY! :D I can get IBB so i fill out my little direct debit thingy and all the other mumbo jumbo stuff and fax it off..... only for it to disappear in the "busy" offices of IBB!! :rolleyes:
    So 4 Days later when i call so ask if they got it, i find out they did.. but lost it so i'm asked to send it again. So i fill it all out again and it's ordered. Grand!

A month passes...... Still Waiting.... No phone call, letter, e-mail, text message noting!

So i call, "Oh we were just about to call you" says install department... Sure ya were, once you pulled my order form up from under your 7 mugs of tea.
    "Install date is Tuesday the 8th"....??? :confused: There's NO Tue the 8th.
    Anyway i knew it was either gonna be today or tomorrow.
    So today, a hour early might i add, the IBB van pulls up.
    I swear it was like waiting for santa. :D

"We gotta just do a site survey" I'm told. Grand no problem.
    So one guy on roof, one guy on labtop in kitchen.
    Tip, Tap, Tip, Tap.... Success! A connecting I'm told, a strong one!
    YAY!!! :D
    ....... Oh no wait, yep, thats Killiney, I cant use that one apparently! :eek:

I'm pretty sure the guy gave me a reason but i zoned out while looking between the labtop and an imagainary target i'd made on the wall.
    So back to the Tip Tap of the laptop, and after a connection with several sites I'm told that I'm still too far to get a good enough connection.

So after ALL that..... I'm not covered! :mad:

Oh no wait there may be a high site going up just down the road from me in Baldoyle. However the none of the Install Team, Sales Department, or Support Department have a clue when it will actually be going live. :rolleyes:

So I'm all outta options. Eircom is a pending court case, NTL will be "12-16 months" till it gets to my estate and IBB don't know how long till i might ACTUALLY be covered.

Ya gotta love this country!

So after all they my question is, does anyone ahve any idea of the live date of the Baldoyle site? Also, has anyone else had this must trouble with IBB?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Killiney? Baldoyle?

They've obviously learnt that the "it's going to be live in four weeks" is infinitely worse than the more truthful "we don't have a clue when it's going to be live".

Sorry, nothing of any use to you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Baldoyle to Killiney??? Surely that's 15 KM or so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Sorry to hear about your problems mate. IBB can be pain to get installed. Try emailing their Home Sales Manager about it and see what they have to say. Why wouldnt let you use the Killiney Mast?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

I had a similar issue with connection... except the "strong" signal they were getting was a bounce from the walls of liffey valley from the tallaght node...
    So I was out of luck aswell. :(

Now I'm told the clondalkin node is full and they have no intentions of upgrading.. wonderful!..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

the sites back in baldoyle now?

i heard them say that a year ago.
    then they changed there mind and said it was sutton, so back to baldoyle.
    ffs lads at least get your story straight before you start winding the public up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

LOL thats a class story, Undercoverguy.

The bastards getting your hopes up!

I've Ripwave and it's all over the shop these days.

Advertisement