Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

download speed prob...

Options
  • 07-12-2004 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

Dont know if i should be askin this here but.....

i cant get good dl's over the last few days cause it is like i have ports blocked or a firewall(gettin lowID in emule and "u may have NAT prob" with ....... dl.

I was wonderin if its possible that eircom have been blockin ports or is there some other explanation for my poor dl's?

Sorry if this shouldnt be posted but i'm actually not talkin directly bout....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

A problem with a torrent download thats not directly P2P related? Well, I don't know how you're doing that then... Anyway, as long as you don't admit to warzing you should be ok here, so just be careful what you say.

Check the port forwarding link in my sig.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭apeking

thats a grat guide, should be a sticky....

still gettin a yellow face though in Azureus, only last two days that am getting this problem, grrrr......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Vadrefjorde

try www.portforward.com

Or post the type of modem/router you are using here and maybe somebody can help you with an "NAT problem" as opposed to a p2p problem.... :D

Ok this is wrecking my head, this time last week i was getting nice green smiley faces now i'm getting yellow faces and i havent changed a thing? same in emule i am now getting lowID.

I have openedthe ports as sugested(seen as it worked grand last week when i didnt have to open ports, i'm assumin i had them opened already)

I have let Sygate firewall except all incoming traffic just to see if it would make difference but hasnt.

Ran adware and spybot to see if there was any difference wi dl speed, there wasnt.

So if anybody knows what i can do now it would be helpful

Tahnks

ps I have eircom broadband, 256/128, cayman 3300 modem

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Moved to Nets/Comms.

• Advertisement

Just to let u know, my problem was i had just installed Norton AntiVirus 2005, and i had to allow certain programs access with there trojan protector thing. so i guess it was a kinda of firewall issue!!

Advertisement