Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elance any good ?

Options
  • 07-12-2004 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭

hey guys, just wondering does anyone here use (as in provide services) to elance? is it worth paying for, and will you get jobs if your work is up to scratch ? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

This is Elance.com you're talking about, yes? I've used a similar thing (rentacoder.com) which is free to join and has a (small) pool of image manipulation and graphical design jobs (tho I've no experience of that, I just program on it). Not sure what Elance is like but rentacoder can be okay (just don't expect to make huge amounts of money :) )
    Rob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

that looks great cheers, what exactly happens? say I complete a website someone is looking for, how do I show them the low res watermarked etc version of the site for their consideration, how do I know they'll pay , and how much they'll pay before I begin work ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

What happens is, they put the money for the job in escrow with the site before you start work. If there's a dispute after about whether the job was completed satisfactorialy or not, then the site will arbitrate. One thing to watch out for, by the way, is ending up with an unreasonablly large for the price (or impossible) job :rolleyes:
    Rob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

will do thanks, yeh a lot of ppl seem to want a ebay for 100 dallars hehe

Advertisement