Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish Broadband Appreciation Thread! How Happy are You?

• 07-12-2004 9:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

This is a poll for Irish Broadband users, how happy are you with your service or were you stuck on the long finger and told you're out of range (or if you fall into neither category, you can see I catered for you too :).

Baz_

How happy are you with Irish Broadband 46 votes

Ripwave User: Very Happy
    0% 0 votes
    Ripwave User: Happy
    4% 2 votes
    Ripwave User: Unhappy
    10% 5 votes
    Ripwave User: RIPWAVE!! RIP-****ING-WAVE!!! I'LL RIP THEM A NE...!!!
    19% 9 votes
    Breeze User: Very Happy
    10% 5 votes
    Breeze User: Happy
    17% 8 votes
    Breeze User: Unhappy
    10% 5 votes
    Breeze User: Very Unhappy
    13% 6 votes
    ****ers told me I'm out of ****ing range!!!! (I'll show them range *shake fist*)
    6% 3 votes
    Atari Jaguar!!! (ah the old faithful)
    6% 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

I am happy with the service so far. Speeds are great most of the time. Sometimes it does get slow, but probably due to the place I downlaoded it from. However, I cant remember that happening with eircom. That doesnt bother me much though because it doesnt happened that often. Pings are great to UK server. Never more than 31ms.
    The only drawback I'd say is that their customer service is a bit of a pain. You may have to wait between 15 - 20 minutes on thier 1890 number before someone comes to your aid. Again most of them are good and friendly but not always.
    The only other BB provider I might think of changing to is NTL purely on they going to upgrade their speed. Otherwise for the moment, I wont be looking to any other provider :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

were you stuck on the long finger and told you're out of range
    out of range = nearly no signal = crap signal = ****ty service. :p Its like failing your linetest for ADSLl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

So it seems as if Ripwave == sucks major and Brezee == z3 s3x! I told someone who is getting a trail of Ripwave about its major problems, I wonder how it will turn out, I don't think I've hear one good thing about Ripwave on this boardbiggrin.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

here is one good thing:

I was happy with it for about two weeks...

That is all.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Having RIPWAVE is like being in love with a beautiful woman who doesn't care whether you live or die.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Am very happy, just got my equipement upgraded and everything is bombing away..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭IANOC

was happy with my breeze home plus for 2 weeks when i first got it.1st time broadband for me
    but signal just got worse and worse and i waited a year for contract to finish then good luck to them.
    ive eircom now and its amazing compared to it even though eircom are gangsters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

I would love to know who's very happy with ripwave?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

IBB's bank manager?

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭Ardent

I voted for happy because there was no option for merely content but, from past experiences with IBB, that could all change tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Omen

I sent 3 (or was it 4, its hard to remember) emails to 2 different MANAGERS within IBB asking about the possibility of them providing weekend support and I got no replies.

I suppose the fact that they ignore those who pay their wages should surprise me, but with IBB it doesn't.

Do you think that they hired their staff from ex NTL employees, it would account for their ****ty customer service attitude?

Advertisement