Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charged for lodging cheque that was cancelled?

Options
  • 07-12-2004 11:06pm

Hi,

I've run into problems with a U.K buyer on eBay. I lodged his cheque and sent the goods last month.

However today I got a letter from my bank with the cheque attached and a note saying it had been cancelled. Most annoying though was that in addition to the cheque's amount being debited I was further debited €20...

I believe this is a charge levied by the U.K bank....can anyone tell me if this is legal? It's not my fault and I had no knowledge that the cheque would bounce.... :mad:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

I cant remember exactly how much, but AIB once charged me €5 for a €200 cheque from BOI that bounced, so it seems to be the way things are. :(

Advertisement