Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIPWAVE Users in Stillorgan

• 07-12-2004 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Anyone using RIPWAVE in the Stillorgan area. If so whats your service link.
    My connections have been dropping like mad, But an constant red light, sometime amber

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I'm in Blackrock...

My Ripwave was fine(ish) for a couple of weeks recently, but Monday I couldn't get a steady signal at all and last night (Tuesday) only for an hour or two.

Serious swings and roundabouts.

Though at least it seems to affect everyone and not just me ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭Jokah

Hi The Atheist,

How long did it take for you modem to be delivered? I ordered Ripwave on Monday, because your one on the phone said Blackrock was ready to go. She said 7 days, just wondered if it came quicker,

Now to be honest, if I can connect to the net for 30 euro a month no line rental, and NOT PAY EIRCOM ANY MONEY, i am happy.

Eircom suck and made my life a living hell with broadband...

Thanks

Hey Jokah

I got Ripwave about 2 months ago. It took AGES.

I sent in the form, heard nothing and them rang 10 days later. They told me it took three weeks to get the modem delivered. Of course I said three weeks from receipt of the form? No - three weeks from when somebody pulls it out of the pile after you ring them.

So I got it about three weeks after that - but over a month in total.

They are definitely worth calling though. I think it might get you sorted quicker. They are helpful in a friendly kinda way.

Signal was okay last night. Only a couple of drop outs.

G'luck!

I ordered it on the phone on Monday and yer one said it would take 7 workings Days.

So lets see what happens, as long as I am not paying Eircom anything anymore, I can wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Jokah wrote:
    I ordered it on the phone on Monday and yer one said it would take 7 workings Days.

So lets see what happens, as long as I am not paying Eircom anything anymore, I can wait.

IBB make a lot of false promises. Rather than getting your hopes up, assume it'll be a month before you get your modem.

You'll be less disappointed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

Just installed Ripwave in my groundfloor, totally surrounded, no LOS to anywhere apartment down behind the Radisson in Stilloran\Blacrock.

BASE 130. steady orange light, average speed 25\35 K\s. Ordered it a week ago.
    So far so good!

JINX

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Big P

You guys realise you can just walk up to IBB in sandyford and collect the modem yourself right? I mean you don't have to wait for it to be sent out unless you are having it installed (and there isnt exactly any installation involved in ripwave).

Funny Big P I had a mind to do that myself tomorrow because I have a day off. So I rang up today asking about picking up the modem as Sandyford is all of 3 miles away. The lady on the phone said my order was placed last monday, my card was charged on Friday and I should be getting the modem delivered today or tomorrow.

Note: When I ordered the modem, your one had no problem having the modem delivered to my work place. It didn't matter where I got the modem delivered, unlike some other broadband companies.

Anyway, 20 minutes after the call, I got an email from reception saying my modem had arrived.

So I am well impressed. One of the lucky ones perhaps. 6 working days since the time of ordering i get the modem.

Now Eircom can *uc* themselves. Even it delivers 3kbps I still am glad not to be paying EirCrap money

Welcome to the honeymoon period... ;)

Hi,

Well Ripwave is very impressive down here in Blackrock. The speeds are excellent, and its just great knowing I am not paying Eircom anything.

I am happy. :D

Happy days...

• Advertisement
Advertisement