Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What ever happend to Greg Merryman???

Options
  • 25-06-2001 8:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭

Remember that Radio show after the Adrian Kennedy phone show on FM104 anyone??

Where Greg Merryman would come on for a few hours ,the first of which was a hillarious concoction of "Tony the Monkey child" ,and "Mary Chocalots" and "Jimimah" to name but a few!!

It was the funniest programme on Irish Radio that i've ever heard ,and i used to listen to it every night, and i miss it so bad!!!

That's why i'm wondering if anyone knows what he's up to now ,so i can tune in, and laugh again!! biggrin.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭rumpelstiltskin

Yeah i remember that, it was pretty funny.
    Got a bit crap sometimes though...
    I remember he left ages ago, i dunno must be about 2 years or more now, he went to england to become a top dj but never made it.
    Then he just disappeared.
    There was a load of websites about it, but i cant remember any of them frown.gif

WOW!!
    after some deep thought i remembered one of the sites smile.gif
    so go there for a bit of nostalgia
    http://superpants.hypermart.net/4th/

[This message has been edited by rumpelstiltskin (edited 25-06-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

The show was named the openline and it was possibly one of the funniest shows of all time. I used to ring up all the time as Snagglepuss and Cecil. Did you ever notice anything about Greg.. He was the only presenter on fm104.ie with no picture up.. His voice SOUNDED very familiar to another irish DJ.. None of the other fm104 presenters even knew who he was!!!!, and also the show ended kinda abruptly as soon as it start getting popular

There is only 1 simple explanation:
    HE WAS GERRY RYAN

What is now was once only imagined.

A few more of the sites dedicated to the show are http://104.hypermart.net/ http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Quasar/5297 and http://fly.to/thefourth

RIP THE OPENLINE 1999-2000

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I still have about 5 tapes full of the show biggrin.gif

ooooo halloween....

GIMME BACK ME BALLOONS !!#%$& £!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭StarScream

does anyone remember barnaby's version of "blue" which he called "fools" man i loved that song i dont suppose anyone would know where i could download it?

Yea it went something like "You fools barnaby harmlessly, thinks you're nothing but a fools barnaby harmlessly"
    Hmm it should be knocking about the net somewhere did you try the sites in my previous post? They have a lot of the songs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭rumpelstiltskin

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Repli:
    There is only 1 simple explanation:
    HE WAS GERRY RYAN

</font>

Yeah he did sound exactly like Gerry Ryan...
    I always noticed that.
    But there was another guy without a picture...
    You know that old guy that used to be on late at night, "the ace with the pace, your bright light in the night..."
    You know him, he had a mad voice.

But remember the christmas show, when they were all in the studio.
    And they had Pimp Daddy there, and he got kicked out cos he said that Mary Chocolats was a man...
    Well would he not have been more likely to say "Greg is Gerry Ryan!".

I suppose we'll just never know who he really is...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rumpelstiltskin:

But there was another guy without a picture...
    You know that old guy that used to be on late at night, "the ace with the pace, your bright light in the night..."
    You know him, he had a mad voice.
    </font>

That was Jason Maine the 'superfly ultracool' DeeJay smile.gif

Bard
    Vidi, Vici, Veni.

Advertisement