Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invent A Word

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Techorium A place where technical graphics is practised by industrious leaving cert students.

Wizzbang This occurs when you intend to urinate, but instead pass gass through your oriface.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭briano

Irotic: When something is both erotic and Ironic. Like if a girl said "I'd never sleep with you, even if you were the last guy on earth". And Then You end up being the last guy on earth. And she sleeps with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Extracula(from extract-medical noun)-a procedure to draw blood from a patients neck.

Give that patient an extracula for the clot in her neck stat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭ALLGOOD

Muntish ... to mean terrible / awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Newdity: indecent exposure.

• Advertisement

Phallacy: "Mine is bigger than yours".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 VanUsal

Fingle (verb): To search for an object, tearing your house apart, only to realize that you threw it out last week with the absolute certainty that you would never ever need to use it ever.

Finglet: The object in question.

There is a very good book by Douglas Adams called ‘The Meaning Of Liff’ which takes strange place names from around Britain and Ireland and puts them to new uses.
    e.g. Spoolteen: The collection of small change in foreign currency and out of date coinage which is left piled up on your sideboard.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

ROFLCopter : noun An airborne transportation device abstractly constructed from the oscillations of prone laughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Kwyjibo...a dumb, balding, North American ape, with no chin, or to cheat at scrabble

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

heterhomobivarisexual - someone who can change from bein gay to straight to bi without knowing it, at any particular time, for no particular reason

• Advertisement

boondoggle was the word at the tip of my tongure when I woke today. Google reveals it is a username on the net? Did I invent it or did I just invent it second?

simplicated - management's new, improved, easier-to-spell word for "simple"

"karmatel"™ = karma+cartel = Hobbes & Co.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭positron

'hoxy' : hot & foxy

'ingronanus' : ignorant and an a*se! (overheard in radio)

'politrics' : dirty political games (I think I have seen this printed before, ah well!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Ahh the Flimpsons:

Skittlebrau - traditional alcoholic lager beer with skittles floating in it.
    Klau-kalash! - fictional ethnic food

"Klau-kalash!"
    "I'll have a bowl"
    "No bowl, stick! Stick!"
    "Eww got anything to wash the awful taste out of my mouth?"
    "Mountain Dew or Crab Juice"
    "Ewww yech, I'll take a Crab Juice"

Kermit-the-frag - muppet who continually gets fragged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭landser

MEANDERTHAL:
    noun: a person who walks on the pavement, usually with others of the same genus, at an incredibly slow pace and three abreast, thereby blocking your route, when in a hurry to get somewhere..... usually american

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

spasmboozle - reaction to ice down ones back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

bombosity....as in cheek....if someone jumps ahead of you in a Q....the shere bombosity of that fella

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭flyinfishmonkey

Schfiftyfive!

Its fifty five, but with a difference..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Schfiftysix!

It's Schfiftyfive plus one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

fingtoting= jesture made with hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭lili

TALENTUOUS

i just learnt lately that it wasn't an english word:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

I know someone that invented the word "jibble" with no fixed meaning and then used it a lot and monitored its usage to see how it spread. It's now spread so far as to make it into the Hackers' Dictionary.

http://www.jibble.org/jibblemeaning.php for his results.

Another amusing diversion is to coin new meanings for existing words, e.g.:

oyster n. One who frequently uses Yiddish expressions.

locosexual - someone who is excited ot sexually excited by trains

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

ha'penis - the relief felt on feeling a slight bowing of the old fellow, similar to the shape of a humpback bridge after a prlonged period of impotence.

hyperbollocks - exaggerated exaggeration, as served up by ecstasy users.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

keybored - Killing time by using IRC or posting in the Cuckoo's Nest.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

Boxbreaker - A very well endowed male ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Pronoid,pronoia and pronoic.
    Much unlike paranoia,this is when you think that nobody is out to get you when in fact,everybody is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Intertwingling: Mingling, Intertwined, Mixing up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Milkaronicatonic.

Don't ask me what it means.

Advertisement