Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish bands

Options
  • 24-06-2001 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

anyone else thing there are some pretty amazing irish acts around at the moment? apart from the obvious gems like the frames and david kitt, there are some other great new artists like steve fanagan, the rednecks, jimmy cake, paul o' reilly, martin finke, boa morte, cane 141, damien rice and npb. I was just recalling the records i have bought over the past 2 months and i am pleased to say a lot of them are by irish artists. It's great to see it happening because there hasn't been a lot to celebrate in the irish scene prior to this great renaissance of irish talent.

www.eclectichoney.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I was just out to see Mael Morda last night in Dublin...

Kinda a "Traditional Irish Doom Metal" band...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭[fist]Snowball

You forgot about Chris Christopher, Damien Rice and many many more.

Snowball.

Buses are sociable vehicals, thats why they come in twoes and threes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Son of Blam

www.thumped.com is a site dedicated to independent Irish groups. It's practically all about the guitar end of things rather than the electronic, but it includes info about The Jimmy Cake, Paul O'Reilly, and all those heads.

-Son of Blam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

You're damn right there,
    I heard shed loads of amazing new talent at Witnness last year, the majority of the rising stars were on the Witnness Rising and Witnness More stages.
    They featured The Frames, The Walls(are they irish?), The Delgados, David Kitt(saw him in Dolans warehouse in Limerick aswell a while back), JJ72, Wilt, Asian Dub Foundation, co.uk(they were ****ing class high energy, changed they're name forget to what tho)

Unfortunatly i didnt get to see all of these because i was stuck in the mosh pit in front of the main stage and if u left u wouldnt get back in.

So if ur not doin anythin on the 4th and 5th of August buy a ticket for Witnness, definatly worth ur money. (even tho its just a little over £60, ooooOOOOh it burns!!!)

Aka: Dragon,Sexual Harassment Panda, SCUMM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Check out http://www.thejiveprinciple.com

That's my band!!! Some old recordings on there....we have a new cd at the moment, and we're working on getting signed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭davoc

not to forget Watercress there aswell of course.
    seen them a good few times now and i must say their gigs are absolutely brilliant, the energy they show each time and it never lets up.
    energy is of course useless if you dont have the music to back it up with. oh but do they what.
    they have a couple of classic songs and are currenly working towards a new album i think.
    one of them is in america at the minute doing a bit of solo stuff, so itll be a little while before they're together as a band again.
    if you get a chance to see em, go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Speaking of irish bands I went to a really cool mixtwitch gig a few months ago (ever hear of them?) but i haven't heard from them in a good while (anyone know what the story is with them?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭syringe

Little Palace were class I think. They split now, but they published a good few songs before their disbandment. Ye should try them out.

Advertisement