Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dodgy chocolate

• 08-12-2004 8:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

can we talk about wierd things found in chocolate, or is this a "chocolate is good" blinded fan club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Weird things in chocolate!?

Never found anything weird in choc thank god! Have you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

worst thing really was a hair, but after i complained i got 2 large selection boxes in the post 2 weeks before christmas last year-result :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Abdiel

Found a dead earwig in a Toblerone once - got loads of free toblerones because of it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

If I found a dead earwig in a Toblerone I'd never again want to eat another one!!!

Well I've never eaten another earwig :)

• Advertisement

lol!!! did u eat the first one!!!!!

Almost !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

mukki wrote:
    can we talk about wierd things found in chocolate, or is this a "chocolate is good" blinded fan club
    Mighty stuff.... continue at will!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

i found nuts in a dairymilk bar!!!

woosaysdan wrote:
    i found nuts in a dairymilk bar!!!
    Sure it wasn't the dairy milk nuts bar ya got, and was meant to have nuts in em?

• Advertisement

yeap it had a dairy milk wrapper on it and inside it was a one of the nut bars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I got a twirl with only one bar in it. I returned it and got loads of free chocolate.

Slightly off topic, but we got this Dubliner cheese once with a big mouldy patch on it, and it wasn't meant to be out of date until 2 weeks after the date we purchased it, we sent it back and then wrote back sayin it was open..... fu[kin' idiots we opened to use it only to find this big ugly green patch. We got a £5 voucher ok, big deal!

Anyway, back on topic, I've never found anything unusual in chocolate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Khalim

Warning - do not read if you're squeamish

i once had a bad experience back when i was young ...

i had a chocolate bar - brand P-nut, a generic chocolate bar which on the wrapper said something like "milk chocolate covered peanuts" and this thing was shaped like a peanut.

so, i opened the wrapping and immediately started the bite off half of it. The chocolate tasted fine, but then i looked at the remaining half.

the insides of the chocolate bar contained an alarming sight of white wiggly things - i believe they're maggots ... sickened, i vomitted and threw away the chocolate bar. it kept me off chocolate for a while ...

Khalim wrote:
    Warning - do not read if you're squeamish

i once had a bad experience back when i was young ...

i had a chocolate bar - brand P-nut, a generic chocolate bar which on the wrapper said something like "milk chocolate covered peanuts" and this thing was shaped like a peanut.

so, i opened the wrapping and immediately started the bite off half of it. The chocolate tasted fine, but then i looked at the remaining half.

the insides of the chocolate bar contained an alarming sight of white wiggly things - i believe they're maggots ... sickened, i vomitted and threw away the chocolate bar. it kept me off chocolate for a while ...
    / gag! :eek:

thats just put me off chocolate for a while and cheese

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭shivface

i never found anything weird... except mybe a kitkat with no biscuity bit

that happens to me quite a lot now that i think about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

There was a news story a few years ago, a lady found a mouse head in her topic, or some bar. It was either a topic or mars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Bass.exe

Just the usual crap, Solid chocolate maltesers, Kit kat with no biscuit, After Eight with no mint.
    One time I got chocolate peanuts in a bag of chocolate raisins. But then again, the bag did warn "May contain traces of nuts"... hmmm it says that on this packet of peanuts... intriguing....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Abdiel wrote:
    Found a dead earwig in a Toblerone once - got loads of free toblerones because of it though.

Just send em all onto me!! :D

Ever find that 1 packet of Malteezers with only a few in it? I get that alot, its not fair!! Then theres the packet where u get a ****load in it!! YAY!!
    Never found anything weird in chocolate before.

• Advertisement

last year, friends house, tesco value chocloate going around, open a new packet, a maggot lookin out at me! It was dead obviously,

my friends grandad kept on saying
    "wow that is good Value! A bit of meat too"

it was nasty though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I seem to have a knack for purchasing faulty bars of chocolate. And of course, I always send it back to Cadbury's. I reckon they know me by first name at this stage, hehe :D

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Astro1996

Got a Big box of Malteezers for my mother once, opened the box to be greeted with white mouldy hairballs, it was like something out of gremlins :D (cue gremlins music)
    Complained big time, needless to say we got a fair few large boxes of edible ones and other assorted goodies as a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

*ROFL :D:D LOL :D:D

Astro1996 wrote:
    Got a Big box of Malteezers for my mother once, opened the box to be greeted with white mouldy hairballs, it was like something out of gremlins :D (cue gremlins music)
    Complained big time, needless to say we got a fair few large boxes of edible ones and other assorted goodies as a result.
    Cool, Gremlins ate all your mammy's malteasers, nasty business that!

Advertisement