Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Essential Gamecube games?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

tman wrote:
    Timesplitters 2 made good use of the GC pad...
    and mp2 has bad controls??? wtf man. they're beautifully intuitive

I have defiled a holy site, ai but no matter one stick control for an FPS sucks ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭savemejebus

aah but metroid prime isn't a FPS, tis an FPA

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Metroid is NOT an FPS. And as such should not control like one. I think the controls suit the game perfectly. Imagine trying to do the Meta-Ridley or Thardus fights in MP without a lock-on. Crazy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Using the MP control system is the only way that a developer has gotten boss battles to work in a FPS game.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

Yeah bit of a faux-pas there!
    Metroid Prime has fantastic controls - just take 5 minutes to learn them and work your way through one of the most incredible games EVARRRR :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭IamtheKing

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Using the MP control system is the only way that a developer has gotten boss battles to work in a FPS game.

????

I can't imagine any other control system working as well.
    The traditional "left stick move" and "right stick aim" would fail
    horribly because it would be too awkward reaching the other buttons.
    (Stupid hands having only two thumbs)
    I think ninty did a great job with the controls and no-one I know
    had a problem with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Schnozzberries

ZELDA!! There is like almost no reason to get a gamecube if youdon't have any Zelda game oh my god you have to get Zelda! Need for speed is a nice racing game too...But yea Zelda......

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

Need for Speed Underground is indeed excellent on the cube (unless you have a PS2 in which case Burnout3 is the best of the best), as for Zelda - well I puchased windwaker for Christmas (20yoyo 2nd hand extended edition w00t!) but no matter how hard I try I just cant get 'into' Zelda games.

Minish Cap was the closest I ever got to adoption but all in all if you're not a Zelda person I think you're just not a Zelda person. (Im not really anyway).

If you ever have been though - I hear windwaker is v.enjoyable.

My point basically is if you havent been into Zelda before then dont expect that Windwaker on the cube will do it for you.

Let the scorching sacrifice of me by Zelda-fans commence! :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Let the scorching sacrifice of me by Zelda-fans commence

Eat my flamethrower you heretic!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

eternal darkness very under-rated all that sailing in waker very annoying how come no one has mentioned fifa lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

d22ontour wrote:
    how come no one has mentioned fifa lol
    because it's ****

If you want a good football game on GC, import Winning Eleven 6. It was the last one on the GC, and it's basically Pro Evo 2.

i have pes 4 on pc football is sorted playing paper mario on gc super stuff

I'm finishing MP2 before I really start into that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

haha.
    i'll have it finished for the second time by the time you've finished it once :D
    at torvus bog now

Grr.
    *goes to shoot tman with annihilator beam*
    *realises hasn't beaten Quadraxis yet*
    *cries*

have the 1st prime that scanning done my t*ts in still a great game it would be nice if they done a prime as a blaster drop the damn scanning bad idea just to stretch the game i thought

You only ever need very few scans to beat the game. I liked it, meant you could reveal as much of the story as you wanted. And there were some very funny scans, especially along the lines of 'do not feed the metroids' and about the morph ball prototype.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Metroid prime without the scans is like planescape torment without the dialogue, it just wouldn't work. The story is told through the scans, and it's part of the adventure, if the game was just a blaster it would be serious sam with funny controls, which wouldn't be as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

man I havnt touched prime 2 in weeks. i bought it the same day as pro evo 4 on xbox and i played lots of pro evo cause you can have a "quick go" of it but the amount of time ive spent on pro evo i couldve finished prime 2. now i bought all the resi evil games within the space of a week. playin 0 first and im gonna finish at least one of the games before 4 comes. finished 2 years ago but i wanna do it all again. i really need to sit for hours and hours.

• Advertisement

You only ever need very few scans to beat the game

it was more than a few almost every room had more than 1 in it and to get 100% it was too much
    storywise there is a need to scan what happened in the past but when did metroid games deviate from land on place kill pirates meet ridley then the queen with the odd exception of bosses

Advertisement