Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Irish Poker' in the Merrion

Options
  • 08-12-2004 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭

Cash game players might be interested to know that the Merrion started a new dealer's choice cash game last night - the 'Irish Poker' game looks like a lot of fun.

You start with 4 cards and discard 2 of those cards on the flop.
    so It is like Omaha before the flop and Holdem after the flop!

BTW The 200 game is on this Thursday at 8PM - satellites from 6 AFAIK

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭JuliusFranco

yea it sounds like fun alright, a bit like crazy pinnapple (my fav)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

Irish is usually 3 cards and discard one. We play it in our home game sometimes, can be very frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

its a dealers choice game also included 7card stud 5 card omaha omaha and holdem, personally I wont play them cos im in it to make money and am not going to play games I dont understand, are they replacing their normal cash games?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

AFAIK Irish can be played with as many cards as you want, from 3+, with Crazy Pineapple being just the 3 card variant. There are CP cash games on UB. Cant say I'd be intrested in investing cash in such novelty games though, a strange move from the Merrion.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭willis

"BTW The 200 game is on this Thursday at 8PM - satellites from 6 AFAIK"

What way do the satellites work,10 players 20in winner takes all?is trhe 200game a freezout. Will the satellites definitely be starting at 6?

• Advertisement

Yes unless a load of pros come in from europe there will be sattelites prob 25-30 winner takes a ticket, its down as a freezeout but if said pros come over and get knocked out they will ask for rebuys which mags will be all too happy to give them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Its a good idea to learn as many games as possible, it can really help you improve as a poker player. There are a lot of concepts/tactics that are more prevalent in other forms of poker than hold em, but can be successfully transferred. Also, if you ever happen to start playing the really big cash games live in vegas, they are nearly all dealers choice.

good point but how much are you going to learn playing 7card stud when everyone stays to 7th street also Id prefer to learn one game at a time, Im still learning omaha will move onto hilo from there and then 7card stud, Im not going to hop into a game like that its like a business league cash game, loads of complaints last night too, might be changed to dealer chooses then a round of the table of that game

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

You've given up on learning Hold 'Em then, yeah? :p

DeV.

• Advertisement

No Im actually about to read my first holdem book but youre right its a dead loss Ill concentrate on omaha untill I can take a pot off you

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

So we'll see you again about June '06 then yeah? :p

DeV.

Advertisement