Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr. No - Paisley Pattern (again!)

Options
  • 08-12-2004 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Sorry, but the Very Rev Paisley (Dr. No) wants to humiliate and subjugate……..if it's good enough for the Brit Gov, Irish Gov, SDLP, UUP, Catholic clergy, Protestant clergy, Gen. John De Chastelin, me, you, and every other mutha ****a why do you need to take snaps???? What a *****r*!!!!! Watch this story today and if it falls through you know who curse and blame……..

**************************** :mad:

Tony Blair and his Irish counterpart Bertie Ahern fly to Belfast today to reveal details of their plan to revive power-sharing in Northern Ireland.

But the deal looks like it could be derailed by a row over IRA disarmament.
    Democratic Unionists are pressing for photographic evidence of decommissioning.

However, republicans have rejected the demand, saying it would be humiliating.

With neither side ready to back down, the chances of securing a peace deal appear to be slim.

It is a huge disappointment for Mr Blair, who hoped to have an agreement in place by Christmas.

The IRA last night confirmed in a brief statement that it has been in talks with the Independent International Commission on Decommissioning (IICD).

It gave no details, though.

"The IRA leadership confirms that our representative has been in contact with and has met with the IICD," the statement said.

It is believed republicans were prepared to have Protestant and Catholic clergy witness the destruction of weapons.

But they regard a photograph as a step too far

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

I'm firmly of the opinion that picture or no picture, EVERYONE has lost in the North, EVERYONE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

I don't care if they make a 3 part mini-series of it to be shown at 9pm on Tuesdays on RTE 2, just get on with it! It's what we (the majority of Irish people) voted for.

All Paisley wants is an excuse to take the ball away and go home. He's how old? 78? About time he retires and allows someone who lives in the 21st century to take over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭uum

Ooh i hate him, i really do.
    I'd love to stick his walking stick up his arse sideways.

He's put the north back years and his son will do even worse

But on the other hand you can see his logic even if it is perverse. Trimble failed because the people lost faith. They didnt believe because they saw no results.

That photograph may well prove to be the most expensive in history. I hope i never see it.
    It will be Paisley epitaph, his crowning glory.
    Ooh i hate him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

I wouldn't be too concerned.
    It was all a bit wishful thinking to set anything happening before the next general election in the UK.
    It's all going to happen after that, and it will be Paisley and the DUP who will deliver, be it kicking and screaming.

PS. I like the Paisley Pattern Pun! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭dabhal

I think the IRA should be proud to display the destruction of the weapons, a hugh undertaking in thier part and certainley a lot more the LVF, UDA, UFV are doing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I also can see the perverse logic of Ian "Anagram of 'tunc'" Paisley. If he manages to hold out, and get his photograph, it will forever elevate him in the eyes of his followers as the man who defeated the IRA.

Any chance that Sinn Fein et al. will follow suit and demand photos of Provo disarmament? After all, the North has always played "tit-for-tat" so why should it be magnamonious now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

dabhal wrote:
    I think the IRA should be proud to display the destruction of the weapons, a hugh undertaking in thier part and certainley a lot more the LVF, UDA, UFV are doing.

Seeing as everyone are doing it in secret and can't prove that that's their entire weapons fund, where's your proof to support that statement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Interesting point, Dab - perhaps this is going to become a "We'll show you ours if you'll show us yours" bargain by all of the pollywogs* involved.

* Pollywogs: the tadpole-like pattern on paisley-printed material.

mycroft wrote:
    Seeing as everyone are doing it in secret and can't prove that that's their entire weapons fund, where's your proof to support that statement?

Thats the prob isn't it. Thats why I said they should be proud to display to the public that they are doing it. We hear next nothing about LVF UVF....putting weapons beyond use

Pollywogs :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

pork99 wrote:
    I don't care if they make a 3 part mini-series of it to be shown at 9pm on Tuesdays on RTE 2, just get on with it! It's what we (the majority of Irish people) voted for.

All Paisley wants is an excuse to take the ball away and go home. He's how old? 78? About time he retires and allows someone who lives in the 21st century to take over.

:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

dabhal wrote:
    Thats the prob isn't it. Thats why I said they should be proud to display to the public that they are doing it. We hear next nothing about LVF UVF....putting weapons beyond use
    We hear next to nothing cause you can't hear anything over Paisley shouting "NO I WILL NOT SIT DOWN WITH TERRORISTS"

i really hope he doesn't die before I get to perform one of five life ambitions. I really want to headbutt him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Paisley has done a dishonest thing.

He named his price and the Republicans said SOLD.

Now he has changed it.

he never wanted to deal. ever.

This guy makes me sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

I don't care if they make a 3 part mini-series of it to be shown at 9pm on Tuesdays on RTE 2, just get on with it! It's what we (the majority of Irish people) voted for
    I think you'll find that what most republicans accepted was decommissioning under the supervision of and independant auditor...............not a 3 part mini series.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I think you'll find that what most republicans accepted was decommissioning under the supervision of and independant auditor...............not a 3 part mini series.
    Not only that but the DUP and other Unionist parties agreed to it. They all said they woul dtake the word of the independent body. When it came down to it though they decided it was not good enough.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 17,194 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

There is really no surprise in this.... the goalposts have been on a fecking conveyor belt controlled by the Unionists.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

dabhal wrote:
    We hear next nothing about LVF UVF....putting weapons beyond use
    This bugs the living sh1t out of me. We don't hear about the opposing terrorist groups operating a huge proportion of organised crime in NI either. What bugs me more, though, is that Sinn Féin and the like allow them and the media to get away with it.

adam

dahamsta wrote:
    This bugs the living sh1t out of me. We don't hear about the opposing terrorist groups operating a huge proportion of organised crime in NI either. What bugs me more, though, is that Sinn Féin and the like allow them and the media to get away with it.

adam

I think/hope they just don't want to get into a pointless "well you guys do this" argument.
    You know the sort of crap the DUP spout daily.
    I think history will make a bigger deal of that point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Boggle

Fat fcuk....

.... it seems to me that what matters is that all the violence is stopped and the people of the North can get on with their lives. Whats the difference between witnesses and a photograph anyway? If the threat is gone then it is gone...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Boggle wrote:
    Fat fcuk....

.... it seems to me that what matters is that all the violence is stopped and the people of the North can get on with their lives. Whats the difference between witnesses and a photograph anyway? If the threat is gone then it is gone...
    You cant plaster the witness onto every wall in Belfast with NyahNyahnyyyaaahNyah written on him.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Boggle

I know and I agree with you. I firmly believe that Paisley has put the whole process in danger just to satisfy his own personal needs. He wants to be able to wave those posters around and tell everyone that it was HE who brought the IRA to their knees.

He probably reckons that the IRA have lost their appetite for destruction and whatever happens they (probably) wont go back to violence...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Paisley does not want a deal, he wants everyone to blaim the IRA and SF for not being able to deliver a deal. He knew well what he was doing when he said he wanted to humiliate the IRA, David Trimble would take this deal and run, but Paisley never wanted a deal he wanted to get close and see how far SF would go then pull back and make it look like its the IRA and SF's fault. Photographic evidence of decommisioning was not part of the GFA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

irish1 wrote:
    Photographic evidence of decommisioning was not part of the GFA.

the DUP wasnt part of the GFA. :eek:

the DUP wasnt part of the GFA. :eek:

So what, it was passed by majority, it's what the people of Ireland want North and South. The point I was making is that the DUP are looking for something that they knew was never agreed on and would never be agreed on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Horeb

Paisley is right, how can you trust terrorists.

Humiliation, what about the 3000 odd dead people.

100% to him, he wants no guns in politics and SF do.

Evidence of a photographic nature is correct, what else are the DUP supposed to do accept the word of murderers, criminals and thugs.

They are right , guns out deal in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

irish1 wrote:
    So what, it was passed by majority, it's what the people of Ireland want North and South.
    So what...? - Do you think Paisley cares - what the majority voted for years ago... since the GFA there has been other agreements eg. Belfast Agreement.

irish1 wrote:
    The point I was making is that the DUP are looking for something that they knew was never agreed on and would never be agreed on.
    I believe it was agreed in the recent talks - Annex B of the proposals.. go and read it. SF agreed with it. the IRA didnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,194 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Just in case his post is not a wind up
    Paisley is right, how can you trust terrorists.

Do you trust Nelson Mandela?
    Humiliation, what about the 3000 odd dead people.

Do you want more so you can satisfy your lust for humiliation?
    100% to him, he wants no guns in politics and SF do.

Ha Ha, you obviously are not aware of Paisleys past. What is your view of the GFA?
    Evidence of a photographic nature is correct, what else are the DUP supposed to do accept the word of murderers, criminals and thugs.

New condition. The GFA states that an independent guy will verify. Now it is not good enough for the independent guy, it is also not good enough for respected clergy men from both religions. Are they murderers, criminals and thug as well?
    They are right , guns out deal in.

This is exactly what was agreed and we are getting there. Goalposts being moved all the time though

I believe it was agreed in the recent talks - Annex B of the proposals.. go and read it. SF agreed with it. the IRA didnt.

Well you see the problem there is the IRA have the guns and SF don't, Paisley knew the IRA would never agree to what he wanted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Horeb

Just in case his post is not a wind up

Do you trust Nelson Mandela? - NO

Do you want more so you can satisfy your lust for humiliation?

If I had my way I would imprision all members of the IRA for the rest of their natural lives....

Ha Ha, you obviously are not aware of Paisleys past. What is your view of the GFA? - It has'nt changed that much for the average person and a lot of people abused it namely nigerians(Off topic)

New condition. The GFA states that an independent guy will verify. Now it is not good enough for the independent guy, it is also not good enough for respected clergy men from both religions. Are they murderers, criminals and thug as well?

Whats the harm with photos and clergy can be fooled aswell

This is exactly what was agreed and we are getting there. Goalposts being moved all the time though

I know paisleys past well but at least he is consistent and has'nt blood on his hands no matter what said.

hmmm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Redleslie2

If Paisley does get a photograph the next step will be to complain it's not good enough because it's "upside down". Cue another 5 years of arsing about.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement