Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr. No - Paisley Pattern (again!)

Options
123457»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭true

I see you have not bothered to reply to any of my points or questions from last night!!

OK, so, I will give you some more answers, although I think you fail to grap the basis of the situation. In reply to you question where am I from, I am from one of the border counties south of the border, although I have spent time with "both communities" I suppose you could say, in Northern Ireland. I was in the north today, for example , just to do some shopping and see some friends. Perhaps this is why I have more understanding of the Northern situatuion than you, because of where you are from / where you live ?

I fully believe the Independent International Commission on Decommissing when they state that the PIRA have decommissioned substantial weapons and explosives 3 times. Some people, whos agenda is not the peace process, now want to see the weapons being publically destroyed by plastering photos all over Ireland when this was not agreed as part of the GFA. This will move the process forward?

There was a survey done in one of the main Irish newspapers recntly regarding decommissioning, and it found that most Irish people do not trust the so called I I C D / De Chastelain. Possibly because the ira has been caught lying about so many things before, possibly because there was no video like with the LVF guns, possibly because De Chastelain was not able to even supply a list - verbal or written - of decommissioned arms / explosives.
    Do not forget the ira has a record of intimidation, to put it mildly. Was DeChastelain got at? Who knows. If you lived here, you would know that most Irish people want the provos to show that they decomission by photos.
    All the polls are not wrong, all of the political parties north and south except Sinn Fein want these photos. They do not have to be plastered all over Ireland. But why would this worry the IRA - had we all not to put up with photos of IRA victims in the past. Are you more worried about some poor provo looking at a photo of a few sawn up guns than about some woman looking in the mirror each morning , and seeing terrible burns, or no legs?
    Do you belive the Independent International Commission on Decommissing? what street says they have been duped?

To answer you first question again, I like most Irish people trust verified facts and figures ( especially after all the evidence of the Adara murders, spying at Stormont, Columbia 3, etc etc ), especially when peoples lives are at risk.
    As regards what street says they have been duped - well we all know about the ex-provo in Belfast who says they were. I am not 100% sure, that is why we want some photos. Not too much to ask for, is it, unless they have something up their sleeve , in which case it is the minimum we should demand.

Come on, give up the semtex, we want peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Providing visual evidence of decommissioning could be seen as part of such a review, and therefore not a breach of the agreement.

Plamás, the said "review" was conducted and this issue of "visual" confirmation was not a part of it. That having been said, the review in general was a joke and even now neither the birts nor the Free State government mention it.

Also, whether the DUP agreed to it is inconsequential because of the fact that the majority of Irish people ratified it. The DUP can have no veto over progress simply because they are held up in social, economic and religious bigotry.

true wrote:
    You say "what everyone wants" sounds more like a retailer to you. Its called democracy. Democracy is not served by private illegial armies.

I know Omagh was not the Provisional IRA , but did the semtex not come from a PIRA arms dump? Where else did the real IRA come from and get its supplies. Why do you thing most ration people want these arms dumps emptied for good?

"Bank robberies ? Have there been convictions?"

Yes, quite a few over the years, Adare spring to mind for example.

Well I think democracy stated that the GFA was ratified in 1998 and that this had no mention of photos.

Regards Omagh, this was an ammonium nitrate/deisel bomb which had little if any semtex (thus underlining your ignorance of such matters). Besides, the gear that that organisation got at the time was stolen from the IRA and as such was not the fault of Óglaigh na hÉireann. Your talk of collaboration between the two groups is amusing considering that in the real world they hate each other with a vengence.

Regards robberies, Adare took place 8 years ago in an entirely different context and as such your comparison is redundant.

Well we could get an idea by asking Mr Gaddafi who much he sent to the IRA in the past and subtract from that the shipments (like on the Marita Ann) that were caught.

Colonel Mustard, I mean Ghadaffi, gave an inventory on what was given to Óglaigh na hÉireann years ago as a result of his goodwill to the EU mission. Besides, the British and Free State government have a list of exactly what was decommisioned by the IRA. Seems to me ye people need to get with the times.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Gone totally off the original topic - Closing

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement