Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Netsource

• 08-12-2004 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

:mad: hi, is there any way to get rid of netsource without paying up for another 3 months plus the 150 yoyo (+vat) "cancellation fee"? :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

If you paid by credit card or Lazer, call the bank and say you lost your card and get a new one. No more charges...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Is it 3 or 2 months , it used to be 2 ?

Netsource are charged either €60 or €75 ex vat (can't remember) by Eircom for a disconnect but if you are port transferring to another provider that should not apply.

In any event the disconnection fee should be c €100 incl vat to cover that charge from Eircom , any carrier would be justified in charging it but they should tell you about it before you install BB. The cheaper BB is c.€30 a month nowadays so its taking the piss royally to charge someone more than 3 months connection charge for a one line typing job on a computer.

It amounts to an unfair contract .

M

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I'll need to cancel next year, so tell me how you get on. I assume once you give the 30 days working notice you get to use it for the last 3 months and your loss is the cancellation fee... (which I can't see how they justify).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's 2 months notice, is it not? Just let them know, pay for the 2 months, and leave it downloading for 2 months if you don't have a use for it :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Yup it's just 2 months notice via e-mail. I cancelled it about 2 months ago that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Zascar wrote:
    If you paid by credit card or Lazer, call the bank and say you lost your card and get a new one. No more charges...

I'm not sure if that's a joke or not, but that's crazy advice!!

Firstly if you lose either a credit or debit card, the issuer will simply replace it, on the same account, and therefore with the same number. All Direct Debit mandates remain in place.

Secondly, if you do actually change the account, it doesn't mean that you don't owe the money. NS are still perfectly entitled to retrieve that debt from you (and the costs assoicated with that). Depending on how much you owe, this could include legal action and/or use of a debt collection agency. It could also affect your credit history.

So the advice, as given, won't work. If you do change account, NS may not be bothered, but that's a decision you should make knowing that there are risks involved (risk of legal action and credit history blemishes).

.cg

Advertisement