Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Redknapp to be unveiled as Saints boss

• 08-12-2004 11:41am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Harry Redknapp is to be unveiled as Southampton manager this afternoon, according the the BBC.

Media speculation linking Redknapp with the Southampton post, just two weeks after he left south coast rivals Portsmouth, has intensified since last night.

It is a move that is certain to spark controversy given that Redknapp claimed he needed a break from the game when he left Pompey.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its done -

from bbc
    Saints name Redknapp as manager

Southampton have confirmed Harry Redknapp has taken over as manager.

The former Portsmouth boss replaces Steve Wigley, who has been relieved of first-team duties after just one win in 14 league games in charge.

Redknapp said: "I am delighted to join Southampton. The squad is better than their position suggests and I look forward to getting them up the table."

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Good move for Southampton, terrible news for Portsmouth fans who have really been sold down the river by their chairman. What odds on Southampton finishing above Pompey now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Yea, done deal alright, fair play to Redknapp deserves & needs to be in the top flight of the game. Silly Mandaric, bet he regrets it big time now...hope jim smith links up with him again....I like Redknapp as a manager, think he could do great things with Southampton too...Wait and see if he lets Beattie go in january....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

johnor wrote:
    Silly Mandaric, bet he regrets it big time now...
    regrets what?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

also be funny to hear what the saints fans feel after they spent the last few years totally slating him!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

pretty much a big FCUK YOU! from Harry to the board in Pompey

eirebhoy wrote:
    regrets what?
    Id say he regrets; firstly the whole Jim Smith affair. I mean its clear that Mandric tohught they didnt need Smith at the club. This obviously unsettled Harry.

Secondly, Hiring this director of football which clearly unsettled Harry further. I think he just thought enough was enough. I dont think Madric appreciated the job he was doing and had done at the club. Cant see him being replaced as easily as he was let go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Yeah hopefully we can get it together now, and start to get rid of some of the dead wood we have floating about. [COUGH] Rory Delap [/COUGH] (I dont care about his goals v arsenal, he's ****e). It really would be a kick in the teeth to Pompey if we leap-frogged them, but lets not get ahead of ourselves. One step at a time, starting with getting out of the bottom three on saturday.

I'm just after remembering, Strachan was asked last weekend if he'd be interested in the Pompey job and he said no way, he was a Soton man and it wasn't the done thing. I actually forgot that Southampton and Pomey were huge rivals. Should be interesting. :)

Aye, looks like Jim Smith will be joining him too.....should be interesting only a mon th or so till the two teams meet at fratton park.

• Advertisement

What odds on Southampton finishing above Pompey now?
    5/2. That is crap odds, Pompey are already 8 points ahead. You can get 5/4 on Soton winning more games than Pompey between now and the end of the season. 5/4 and you have to wait until the end of the season to collect, can't see many takers.

Advertisement