Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I told my wife if she doesn't improve I'm going to have to leave!

• 08-12-2004 11:49am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I told her this in the summer and although she's experimented and tried new things out the results have been on and off!
    Some weeks I'm exausted yet some weeks I'm left thinking I could be doing a lot better. especially with the new girl who's just moved in, chelsea!
    Well tonight we're going to have to give it one big go and if she doesn't impress me tonight them I'm afraid I'm going to have to make that trip down the road!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Huh?

Am I missing something here??? :confused:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Its abit of a light hearted dig at Stevie Gerrard (from a Liverpool fan).

Sorry Mods...I did not see the "Gerrard Unsettled" post.My mistake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Dub13 wrote:
    I told her this in the summer and although she's experimented and tried new things out the results have been on and off!
    Some weeks I'm exausted yet some weeks I'm left thinking I could be doing a lot better. especially with the new girl who's just moved in, chelsea!
    Well tonight we're going to have to give it one big go and if she doesn't impress me tonight them I'm afraid I'm going to have to make that trip down the road!!!

Excellent !!!! It would be even funnier if it wasn't so true. Reckon he's doing an Owen and holding the club to ransom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

BolBill wrote:
    Excellent !!!! It would be even funnier if it wasn't so true. Reckon he's doing an Owen and holding the club to ransom.

Still think this?

Football fans can be so fickle sometimes. Its so blatantly obvious that all Gerrard wants to do is win trophies. His perspective is clearly:

"I want to win trophies, and if Liverpool cant provide this for me, I'll have to leave"

He's been a liverpool fan since he was a boy, unlike Owen, who was actually an Everton fan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

BolBill wrote:
    Owen is interested in money and fame first, Liverpool (R.M. now) and trophies second. Gerrard is interested in Liverpool and trophies first, money and fame second.

The only thing I liked about Owen was the fact that he scored goals (every now and again when he wasn't molycodling himself or trying to save it for an England match). He was always very coy about his contract talks and never signed anything.

Gerrard is upfront, says he'll want out if things don't improve but at the same time he has also signed a contract, so if he does go we won't me loosing out on the transfer. Owen was happy to let his run out and smile to the media and say he's still discussing contracts - little git.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Owen always said he would not let his contract run out, and he would not sign for someone else on a Bosman. If Madrid had not come in for him, he would have signed a minimum 1 year extension.

I also dont think its fair to say Owen's no.1 priority is money. By all accounts he turns down a helluva lot of promotional work that would net him millions extra. And I doubt he's on much more (if any more) money at Madrid than he would have been had he stayed at Liverpool. He wanted to leave because he thought he would better himself by going to Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Owen always said he would not let his contract run out, and he would not sign for someone else on a Bosman. If Madrid had not come in for him, he would have signed a minimum 1 year extension.

I also dont think its fair to say Owen's no.1 priority is money. By all accounts he turns down a helluva lot of promotional work that would net him millions extra. And I doubt he's on much more (if any more) money at Madrid than he would have been had he stayed at Liverpool. He wanted to leave because he thought he would better himself by going to Madrid.
    Well fair enough, I just don't like the guy - it's nothing recent.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

he left because at liverpool he wasnt gonna play with baros and cisse unless there were injuries at least when hes not pleying in madrid he might still win medals.

Owen is not the same as Gerrard,at least SG signed a contract and we will get a few bob for him.Owen was only going to sign a one year contract if he ever got around to it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement