Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sql prettifier

Options
  • 08-12-2004 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭

I've written a query builder for a client. Works pretty well, but theres one thing which is bugging me about it...

when I generate an SQL string, I generate it "tightly", so as to minimise the string-length. So, no unnecessary spaces, no line-feeds etc.

However, at various points, I present the generated query to the user for review. It won't matter much to the client - they don't speak SQL which is why they wanted this wizard in the first place - but it would vastly help ppl like me who will have to support this if I could see the generated SQL in a "prettified" layout.

So....what I'm looking for a library/dll/widget for C# which can prettify SQL. To be more precise, I want to prettify PL/SQL.

I could write one....but seeing as the customer won't care, its not gonna be easy to charge them for it...and besides, I'm kinda stuck for time...can only spend a couple of hours at best on this.

Sooo...anyone know of :

- a PL/SQL prettifier that I can plug into a C# app
    or
    - a generic, customisable prettifier which has a pre-written config for PL/SQL...that I can plug into a C# app.

jc

Comments

Advertisement