Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHANTASM - Christmas Party, Thank you!

Options
  • 08-12-2004 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭

Well Christmas certainly came early for Phantom FM in the form of a licencing decision from the BCI. To celebrate we will be hosting a special PHANTASM - CHRISTMAS PARTY at The Village on Dec 29th. This event will benefit two very worthwhile charities: Focus Ireland and Aware.

So come on down to The Village to hear your favourite Phantasm tunes spun by Sinister Pete, Richie and Neill Austin plus there might be a few special guests on the night.

Doors open at 10.30 (so you can get there after Snow Patrol!) and admission is €10.00 (incl. booking fee). Tickets are available from the WAV Box office (Tel: 1890 200078) or Ticketmaster in advance or on the door on the night. Over 18's ID required.

The details ...

Phantasm - The Christmas Party in aid of Focus Ireland and Aware
    Dec 29th @ 22.30
    The Village Venue, Wexford St., Dublin 2
    Admission: €10.00 (Incl. booking fee)
    Tickets in advance from WAV Box office and Ticketmaster.
    Tickets available on the door if not sold out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭miss serena

Yeeeh! Another night for all the phantomites to leave our hair down! And you know what Christmas parties always bring! (its not that red bike you wanted)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Wir_Sind_Helden

Count me in......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Jehova

count all of us in!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

hoorah party :) I shall be there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Lorien

hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

• Advertisement

I'm gonna bring my camera for photo evidence! Tee hee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭grimey

Haha isn't your sig from some ad for cough syrup or something about ten years ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Tara

Will be back in Dublin and the new hubby and I will be there! Can't wait for a good pint...or four.

grimey wrote:
    Haha isn't your sig from some ad for cough syrup or something about ten years ago!

Yeah! I became addicted to them after their very influential ad's. Twas Vic's throat drops. They came in those boxes but always got stuck together after u opened them. Hmmm, maybe I watched too much TV as a kid, that's probably why I have square eyes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭grimey

Yeah! I became addicted to them after their very influential ad's. Twas Vic's throat drops. They came in those boxes but always got stuck together after u opened them. Hmmm, maybe I watched too much TV as a kid, that's probably why I have square eyes!

Oh yeah now I remember. "Is that what the dragon roared?"
    "Noooo, the dragon didn't have Vics throat drops".

Brilliant.

• Advertisement

grimey wrote:
    Oh yeah now I remember. "Is that what the dragon roared?"
    "Noooo, the dragon didn't have Vics throat drops".

Brilliant.

Yeeeeeeeeh! Im so happy someone remembers! That makes me feel less of a saddo now!

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭legofsalmon

awww , enjoy it guys! i'm sure I don't need to tell you all.

Higher powers that be mean I can't make it.

I'll be there in spirit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

and when i drag u there with me! don't think ur getting out of this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

Hmmm I may be forced to will myself into physical manifestation for this one, time shall tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Tara

Not to sound really silly, but has anyone found the link to order tickets for this on Ticketmaster.ie? Is it sold out already?

Don't think its for sale with Ticketmaster, but sure there's that WAV ticketbox thingy you can get them from when you get back. Tis not sold out anyway. There'll probably be tickets on the door on the night too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

camden row.....

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭legofsalmon

*shush* its camden lane.......

*buys all the tickets for himself*

Muh ha ha ha ha ha!!!

okay.... so its camden row :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

I've never been to a phantasm party, what kind of music would one be inclined to expect? Sir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Expect loads of Phantom-esque music i.e. indie/alt rock spun by Phantom DJ's - Sinister Pete, Richie McCormack and Neil Austin. Tickets are €10 (incl. booking fee) and are available in advance from the WAV Box Office and Ticketmaster. Tickets will also be available on the door on the night. Over 18's ID is required.

Proceeds from the event will benefit Focus Ire;and and Aware - two very worthwile charities. Aware have very kindly given us some very tasty spot prizes to give away so make sure you pick up a fistful of raffle tickets on your way in.

All the Phantom crew will be there so we look forward to seeing you on the 29th!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

That sounds sweet and dandy, like sour candy! Phantom you raised me......

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Are there still tickets available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Tickets will be available on the door ... there are plenty left! We only put tickets on Ticketmaster and WAV as an experiment and we always expected that the bulk of the tickets will be sold on the door. Come one, come all!

Doors @ 22.30

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Ah sound :)

See ya then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Milkman Dan

i might sneak along to this alright!
    hopefully i won't be too late...

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

be good .

There is a light that never goes out by The Smiths is always welcome as would be Addicted by Alphastates.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭marwood

some Morrissey solo stuff would be nice too. Usually gets ignored for the cliche This Charming man and Whats Difference does it make !

One of these would be nice from mOz

Now my Heart is Full ( Vauxhall and I )

Irish blood English heart ( You are the Quarry )

mute witness ( Kill Uncle )
    Everyday is like sunday ( Viva Hate )

see you lot there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

It was great to hear all the old Phantom classics again, and not being played on my stereo. Great craic, turnout seemed good too which was cool. Fair play. :D
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭dera

weird it not being in whelans though .. everyone looks less scruffy under village lights i think!

a very nice girl with green socks talked to me about belle & sebastian. that was nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭marwood

so where was th elovely Amz ?

I`m told she is the hottest of the phantomets but i was unsure which one was here......... :rolleyes:

Advertisement