Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For all the smokers...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

in fairness to the Cork pubs they have in general made a huge effort to accommodate smokers.. those with space available have put up shelters and outdoor seating.. even Riordan's erected smoking shelters! not a bad effort at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Smoking is thankfully not too bad in Cork pubs as stated above we're lucky and the pub owners have made the effort! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

I still know one pub in the county that still allows people to smoke in it and i'm sure there are still a couple more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

report em quick!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Danni

Is it the one in Coachford that was caught twice in the last few months??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

I thought Cork smokers have been fierce good about it-havent heard any major rumblings.In fact was talking to a buddy who went on a stag a few wks back to Norway or something and they went into a bar but had to go outside to have a cig because it felt weird smoking inside??????????????????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

yeah a friend of mine way in England too at the weekend and realised half way through her fag she didn't need to be standing outside a cafe having a fag.. they were sitting in a smoking section!

Guess the ban has made people think twice about who is sitting near them.. I for one think it's brilliant.

Cork city has been completely turned around.. it has made such a difference on a nite out!! Even An Brog's smoking area is class.. nearly prefer staying out there than inside!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

My one and only complaint is the cig butts all over the place as a result.Surely there is a law now about providing proper bins outside pubs.....etc........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

There is, the person is responsible but then after that it is the pubs responsibility.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

One thing I noticed almost immediately after the ban was introduced was the amount of people smoking in the street, i.e. just walking along. This had become almost taboo until the ban, except for wackers of course.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

dahamsta wrote:
    One thing I noticed almost immediately after the ban was introduced was the amount of people smoking in the street, i.e. just walking along. This had become almost taboo until the ban, except for wackers of course.

adam

Um, I've always smoked whil I walked.... never noticed a taboo about it to be honest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Danni wrote:
    Is it the one in Coachford that was caught twice in the last few months??
    No! Its a place in a village near where i'm from. Its open legally for smokers though, strange enough. I think! :dunno:

Advertisement