Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Installing a car stereo and rca plugs for ipod/iriver

Options
  • 08-12-2004 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭

Hi,

maybe you can help. I dont necessarily want to buy a alpine head unit in irelandf due to the cost but i have never installed a car stereo before.

anyone got any hints tips or know someone who can isntall them?

the car is a polo

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

What type of headunit are you thinking about?

DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

hmmm..good question

i was thinking of a mid range Alpine unit one of their cd/mp3 units

to be honest if that is difficult to install..i am not too logo fussy so long as its a reasonable make...

so it could as easily be sony/pioneer.....

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

Ah right,
    Well, basically, you'll need the following -

1. The headunit
    2. The wiring adaptor/harness (to convert the existing headunit wiring harness to the ISO standard - although the Polo may not need one of these!)

The older Polos didn't require facia adaptors, I'm not sure about the newer (02 onwards) ones though. I'd say they're the stardard (DIN) size.

incarexpress have some great deals on headunits. I know 4 people who have bought this one in the past week:
    http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product.php?partno=KDCW4527G

About €130 including VAT and delivery. I've fitted 3 of them so far. A great headunit. Great sound - mosfet amp 50W X 4. They look well and give no lag between tracks when playing MP3 CDs (some earlier MP3 CD units suffered from this). A great buy. It's sounds like you're looking for something a bit more advanced - iPod support etc.. That site has a good selection. Have a gander.

Hope this helps,

DC.

jesus they are cheaper then here...okay without startinga trolling war of us versos them...anyone know where i can get a company who wil install these?

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭masto1983

DIY! Its easier than wiring a plug!
    Just go to a VW garage and get them to take out the old radio if u dont have the tool. Then its just a matter of connecting the adapter and sloting in the unit.

plus you save yourself bout €100!

• Advertisement

:eek:

gee i thought it was a bit tricky...

Advertisement