Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Faulty TV

• 08-12-2004 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum but my TV is acting up lately, its a 5 year old widescreen LG. There is a problem with the colour and there are faint green lines about 1.5" apart running across it at about 45 degree angle.

It happed once or twice before but recovered the following day but this time its been like this for about a week.

The colour is not coming up fully, for example the yellow is kind of an orange colour and the green is kind of blue etc.

Any advise?

Comments

have you moved unscreened speakers near it recently?
    If so move them away.
    Other than that faulty tube :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭jister

Earthman wrote:
    have you moved unscreened speakers near it recently?
    If so move them away.
    Other than that faulty tube :/

I haven't moved anything near it lately and I've also tried plugging out the various peipherals that I have stuck into it.

It is really bad tonight a green haze and very visible green lines.

Whats the story with getting a TV repaired these days, can you buy spares on Ebay or elsewhere online or off a shop or where?

Is DIY tube replacement recommended?

If you are going to be spending any more than €200 on the repair,I'd look into getting a new one or a second hand on ebay/buy and sell.
    Diy tube replacement is not recommended if you've never done tv engineering before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭jister

Earthman wrote:
    If you are going to be spending any more than €200 on the repair,I'd look into getting a new one or a second hand on ebay/buy and sell.
    Diy tube replacement is not recommended if you've never done tv engineering before.

I am getting a quote for the repair off a guy in the yellow pages, he said it could be about €100. He also said that anything over €150 and I should buy a new TV.

Advertisement