Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surround sound options for Beko tv?

Options
  • 08-12-2004 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

A good while ago I purchased a Beko 28inch widescreen tv.
    I didnt know too much about connections etc at the time so I may have chosen something else in hindsight but however..

It has two scart connections and has a stereo headphones jack.

I would like to get some surround sound speakers to improve the quality of the sound. Any ideas what my options are given the connections I have above.

I have an xbox so ideally Im not after a dvd/home theatre combi but Ill still take suggestions on board.

Thanks

Conor

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

The best that the TV will do is Stereo. Unless there is a digital amp in it (which there wont be)
    You will only be able to output stereo to an external set of stereo speakers, which is normally a huge improvement over in box speakers anyway but surround wont be possible as it is tv hardware dependent.
    If you hook the xbox up directly to a set of surround speakers with built in digital amp then you should get surround thorugh the optical out of the xbox but that will be independent of the tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

hey thanks,

Im looking at the Acoustic Solutions 1233 setup for speakers and decoder so hopefully I could connect the xbox up to that at least but in terms of connecting up tv to external speakers would i be able to output stereo through the scart or would it be through the headphone jacks?

Advertisement