Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What do I need to keep in my car?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

afaik you're not supposed to give someone any kind of drink in the event of a crash.. it said so on the driver theory test:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Of course you are not supposed to give anyone drink after a crash, particularly if they are injured or in shock. We was just 'avin a larf.... Everyone should have first aid training and know how to help when there is an accident. Everyone else should stop rubber necking and just f3ck off home.

'c

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Driving licence fits fine in my wallet. OK, it's a little curved and tattered at the edges, but it's fine otherwise :)

On a bike, there's very little room for anything (unless you've panniers), so you can only take the bare essentials. I've a small toolkit (some spanners and sockets to fix or remove anything that breaks). I can fit rainbottoms in too, if I need them, but has been a while since I've seen a torrential downpour that would need them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Someone is kidding someone - are you trying to suggest that if I have an accident in the UK a burly ambulanceman is going to try and probe me with his chocolate santa to make me better? No-one would ever crash if that was the case. Well almost no-one.

As for the gin, everybody knows that alcohol is a vasodilator and increases blood low to the extremities. It increases heart rate and slows reaction rates but is great for helping nervous guys chat up girls who have ideas above their station.

'c

Somebody close this thread - its gone silly. But that was probably my fault...
    The original post you replied to was in regard to someone saying tea isn't good to carry as if you are in a cold situation it doesn't help, as in early stages of hypothermia. If a rescue team arrives on a scene and a hypothermic victim is unconscious the fill shove chocolate up your ass, the only reason they put it in the mouth here is cause they dont want to put it in the ass, but the ass is the fastest way to absorb it. For a hypothermic victim blood low to the extremities is the least important. The reason the hands and arms get cold is because the body is drawing the heat to where it needs it most. Obviously this isn't and everyday situation, or even in a crash but if you end up going through a ditch into a field and cannot get out of the vehicle it may happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Contents of my boot - Socket set, about 8 spanners and 5 screwdrivers, WD40, carb cleaner, torch, wrench, jump leads, plastic sheeting, warning triangle, exhaust gum and spool of thin metal, various other bits and pieces.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Just what someone needs after being stupid enough to wander up a mountain without any compass or map and wandering off a precipice in fog: waking up to discover a large chocolate coloured mess in your underwear and lumps of wafer and peanut in your ass.

Advertisement