Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

REQUEST-Panasonic DVD Recorder-E55EBS

Options
  • 08-12-2004 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was looking for a VCR for my dad but on reflection (thanx Eoinf) I have decided to get him a DVD Recorder. I was wondering where is the best place, ie cheapest, to buy a Panasonic DMRE55EBS??

It seems to be €399 everywhere I look. Am I better off going up North to buy it or is there some where online who are reasonably priced and who ship to Ireland??

Thanx for any help!!

Branners

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

i got mine in alliance electric on georges street for under €399. i got a good deal on some disks and still do any time i go in. talk to them and they might be able to knock a few quid off. if you buy from the north you wont be able to tune any tv stations onto it as the tuner wont be modified to work in ireland. great machine, very easy to use, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

You could try www.richersounds.ie Tell them that you need it to work in ROI as the shop is based in Belfast. They have models that will, including this Panasonic.

Link to item: http://www.richersounds.ie/asp/Viewproducts.asp?CatID=8&ProductID=4095

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

big_moe wrote:
    i got mine in alliance electric on georges street for under €399. i got a good deal on some disks and still do any time i go in. talk to them and they might be able to knock a few quid off. if you buy from the north you wont be able to tune any tv stations onto it as the tuner wont be modified to work in ireland. great machine, very easy to use, imo.

Not true, it is possible that it will not have a VHF tuner (needed for cable and in some off-air regions.) it is also possible that it will have a compatible tuner, ring first to check.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi it's John Mc From Richer Sounds in Belfast here - there are 2 versions of the DMRE55 available one is UK only and one works in the UK and down south - both are in stock the UK version is £229.99 (about €333) and the dual UHF/VHF model is an extra £10 , (about €14.50) therefore about €347.50 all in - if you tell the guys you are a Boards.ie member they will ship it for you for a fiver too! - Also there are no service issues as our service department is based in Dame Street in Dublin! give the guys a bell on (01) 671 9666 (you will be redirected to BELFAST or 04890 321332 or cut and paste this and mail it to sales@richersounds.ie and the guys will look after you - Dave, Mark or AD in Belfast are the internet order guys! or you can mail me at johnmc@richersounds.ie if you have any queries! Thanks

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Advertisement