Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamecube 2 ?

Options
  • 08-12-2004 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭

Is there a new Gamecube coming out soon, and if so when?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

Have you spoken to google regarding this matter ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Yes nintendo are planning to release another console but this time around it will be called the 'Revolution'. More details will be revealed at E3 in May. Its expected to arrive in early 2006

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

The "revolution" hasnt been named only confirmed , assume it be out in around same time as other next gen consoles (2006)
    Nintendo announcing it at some exhibit in march.

www.planetnintendo.com

www.planetgamecube.com

for other tidbits of info

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

N5 or Revolution are the words you should be searching for...

should be out the same time as the xbox2 and ps3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

tman wrote:
    N5 or Revolution are the words you should be searching for...

should be out the same time as the xbox2 and ps3

so that means.... WHEN it's done, LOL.
    I remember the first statement from Sony that the PS3 was supposed to be out 1 Qtr 2004 Mwahahahahaha.

I followed the statements from Nintendo for some time, and they said the next console is going to be going a completely different way, then anything ou ton the market sofar, so coul dbe exciting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Gilgamesh wrote:
    I followed the statements from Nintendo for some time, and they said the next console is going to be going a completely different way, then anything ou ton the market sofar, so coul dbe exciting

Wasn't that when they were talking about the DS?

Altho they have made a lot of statements about graphics already being good enough and consoles should find new ways of pushing forward in different ways than just having more horse power, which I think I'd agree with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

They were actually talking about both DS and Revolution. They've said that if you want to see the future of games, look at the DS. Various Nintendo people have elaborated in interviews, saying that next-gen will be all about the interface for them, and that they are experimenting with human-computer interfaces for Revolution.

So it could genuinely be something different from Xbox2 and PS3. Although I expect PS3 to push things a little too, if they're incorporating an eyetoy style camera in every PS3, as rumoured..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Knowing nintendo the 'human interface' in the revolution will probably just be an eyetoy type camera :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Human Interface eh...... I see's another virtual boy in the making :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

My eyes, zee goggles do nussing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

One thing Nintendo should do is have some kind of networking. Definitly.

People will nearly always appreciate better graphics, but soon the limiting factor will be the poor resolution on TV screens makes better rendering useless.

As for the new interface idea, I think the standard controller is quite good, they'd really need brain implants to make some kind of huge leap.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Syth wrote:
    One thing Nintendo should do is have some kind of networking. Definitly.
    They already do. Sort of.
    People will nearly always appreciate better graphics, but soon the limiting factor will be the poor resolution on TV screens makes better rendering useless.
    HDTV
    As for the new interface idea, I think the standard controller is quite good, they'd really need brain implants to make some kind of huge leap.
    Would be old hat by the release date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

Thank you very much you all have been helpful. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Ye, games with are played using only Brain waves are currently being used in hospitals, and have been for a while. They can help train the brain back to its normal self it is has been having seisures or the like, or it is being erratic.

It is not as advanced as the one in the above link tho.

Wonder when all the next gen Console competition is really going to being :D

Advertisement