Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new spiritualized album..

Options
  • 27-06-2001 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭

straight from their mailing list...

SPIRITUALIZED are set to release their much anticipated new lp, titled LET IT COME DOWN, on September 10th on Spaceman Records. It is everything that one would hope for and expect of the successor to their last much lauded studio lp, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN WE ARE FLOATING IN SPACE.

LET IT COME DOWN will be proceeded by a single, STOP YOUR CRYING, taken from the lp and scheduled for release on August 27th.

The 11 song lp was entirely written and arranged by Jason Pierce and utilises some 100 musicians, including gospel and choral singers throughout the recordings. It was recorded initially at Air studios before moving to the renowned Abbey Road Studio Two where all the orchestral and choral recordings were recorded in live sessions, produced by J Spaceman and John Coxon.

Recordings began at the end of 1999 and were completed at Abbey Road at the end the summer 2000. Once recording commenced, a new conglomeration of musicians was brought in who now comprise the present line-up of SPIRITUALIZED.

Alongside Jason are keyboardist Thighpaulsandra and sax player Ray Dickaty who have been part of the group since the Royal Albert Hall show in October 1997. Sometime member and co-producer John Coxon also returns to the band playing guitar and keyboards. They are now joined by Doggen (guitar), Martin Shellard (bass), Kevin Bales (drums) and Tom Edwards (percusssion). A further five brass players will complete a new 13 piece band that will be touring the UK in the wake of the lp release.

LET IT COME DOWN is the fourth studio lp from SPIRITUALIZED, following LAZER GUIDED MELODIES (1992), PURE PHASE (1995) and LADIES AND GENTLEMEN... (1997).

It was LADIES AND GENTLEMEN... that was the breakthrough lp, topping most writers' and magazine end of year polls by the end of 1997 and becoming SPIRITUALIZED's first UK Gold record. Following its release, SPIRITUALIZED toured extensively including playing memorable shows at the Royal Albert Hall (October 1997), The CN Tower in Toronto (the official highest show on earth) and the World Trade Centre in New York (both in 1998). The Royal Albert Hall show was released as a double live cd/vinyl in October 1998.

LET IT COME DOWN is the most song based lp yet from SPIRITUALIZED and represents a remarkable achievement by Jason Pierce in both writing and arranging an lp on such a vast scale. It represents more than a two year undertaking, from writing and notating the original songs, the recording process through to completion of the mixes in May 2001.

The full track listing is as follows:-
    ON FIRE
    OUT OF SIGHT
    DON'T JUST DO SOMETHING
    THE TWELVE STEPS
    THE STRAIGHT AND THE NARROW
    DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN
    I DIDN'T MEAN TO HURT YOU
    STOP YOUR CRYING
    ANYTHING MORE
    WON'T GET TO HEAVEN (THE STATE I'M IN)
    LORD CAN YOU HEAR ME

The first play of STOP YOUR CRYING will be on the Steve Lamacq show on Radio 1 on the 3rd July, after which STOP YOUR CRYING will be exclusively streamed from http://www.spiritualized.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Jim Daniels

Hurray!!

I heard a version of the track "Ladies and Gentlemen we are floating in space" which is based entirely around "I can't help falling in love with you".

They couldn't release it for copyright reasons (I presume) but its amazing, far better than LP version.

Anybody know if this is available anywhere??

Ke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Excellent news, eally excellent. Loved Ladies and Gentlemen we are floating in space, would really like to hear that alternative version.

Only got Ladies and Gentlemen and Lazer Guided a few weeks ago in Virgin when a sale was on. This was good as I don't need to wait so long for their new stuff now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    Full length streams of the first Spiritualized single, 'Stop Your Crying', taken from the forthcoming album 'Let It Come Down', are now available for a limited period on http://www.spiritualized.com

Streams play in Windows Media Player, and will be gone in 24 hours.

Enjoy, ingest...</font>

whoa.. its pretty damn good.. go listen. now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

That version of ladies and gentlemen was only on some of the promo versions of the album, it's pretty tough to get hold of.
    you could try some of the mp3 sites i suppose, you should have a look for the live version of it from the flux festival '98 aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Jim... I have that version of it.. 5:49 is the length if your searching for it, very good, no idea where it was recorded live tho.

On a different note, also worth checking out.. http://www.epitonic.com/artists/thefalconproject.html one damn good american band, for once the comparisons on the page are quite right, Primal Scream/Spiritualized etc. are right up their alley.
    Worth grabbing the tracks available there anyway.

[This message has been edited by Kali (edited 08-07-2001).]

• Advertisement
Advertisement