Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DTO Transport Model

• 08-12-2004 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 756 ✭✭✭

The EIS for the M50 upgrade project (latest guesstimate €800m+) estimates future traffic demand based on the DTO Transport Model. Now the EIS is a public document justifying a huge spend based on this mathematical model. Is it possible to get a copy of this model?

I found something about it here

The EIS predicts that adding the extra lane will result in faster average traffic speeds on the M50 (+19% in rush hours) and also faster speeds on other Dublin roads (+9% in rush hours). I think many of us expect that this won't happen because the widening of the road will stimulate demand for residential and industrial development along this artery and will encourage people to make rush hour journeys they would not have considered before. More people might be carried on the road network but I doubt speeds will increase.

Anyhow, I'd like to see what inputs and outputs they used to make their estimates and how they discovered that adding public transport wouldn't be a viable option.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 371 ✭✭Traffic

Contact the DTO directly, Frank McCabe is head of transport modelling there, not sure how much info they can give out though

Advertisement