Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox versus PS2

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

hold off buying anything and get a ps3 or xbox 2 when they come out. It might be a wait though
    :eek:

What! Hold off for 2-3 years until you get a console!?! How could anyone survive that long without playing any games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Retr0gamer wrote:
    :eek:

What! Hold off for 2-3 years until you get a console!?! How could anyone survive that long without playing any games?

He survived this long, and by the time the new generation of console games come out, all the class games now will be out on platinum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Yeah, just like the 3DO had better games than the snes for the same reason!

You've only had it a week and you think its better than a PS2. I'm definitely getting one!

Kids games like zelda suck! Manhunt and games like it are far better because of the realism. All my hardcore gaming friends buy EA games because they look better. Had to laugh at viewtiful joe, Gradius V and Shadow Hearts. They look terrible and yet are so mainstream and for casual gamers only.

And I agree, punctuation is the devils work.

lol :D you the man, retro!

Anywho its all a matter of personal choice. Myself, i think id go with xbox. Ps2 was great about 2 years ago when it had AAA titles almost every month, now its reduced to EA tripe mostly. Xbox is starting to gain momentum now and is getting much better games than ps2, kile kotor 2, doom 3, halo 2 etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

PoolDude wrote:
    Did you know that if you have broadband and subscribe to Xbox live and convince family or friends in other countries around the world you can effectively have free conversations with them by meeting for a game (you don't have to play the game)!!!

actually you don't even need to have a game in the console, just go 2 the friends option in the Live! menu. Simple as dat!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

Just one more thing (I might get flammed for this) but I think the PS2 and Xbox are aimed at different gamer markets, PS2 seems to be aimed at the more young or casual gamer, while the Xbox seems to have a bigger following in the 'older' gamers, or the more hard core, I know there are hardcore gamersout there for the PS2 also(espically when it comes to RPG's), but this is just how it seems to me!!

Jst for the record I have had a PS2 so I am not coming from a totally uninformed point of view.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I've always had access to an X-Box but it's never had any games that grabbed my attention for a proper play, until this week.

Been playing the x-box a lot this week, but I have serious issues with it's Joypad. Playing for more than an hour or two results in very sore hands and I just have to stop. This is with driving games by the way, the trigger buttons are just harder to use than face buttons, but you have to use them because the face buttons aren't analog.

While the X-box is very obviously technically superior, I'd still rather play multiformat games on PS2 just for the joypad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

The face buttons are analog.
    Just one more thing (I might get flammed for this) but I think the PS2 and Xbox are aimed at different gamer markets, PS2 seems to be aimed at the more young or casual gamer, while the Xbox seems to have a bigger following in the 'older' gamers, or the more hard core, I know there are hardcore gamersout there for the PS2 also(espically when it comes to RPG's), but this is just how it seems to me!!

I think thats more to do with the older and "hardcore" gamers will research a console more than a casual gamer. These are more likely to buy the most popular console, this is the same reason the iPod sells to the mass market. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Ciaran500 wrote:
    The face buttons are analog.

I think thats more to do with the older and "hardcore" gamers will research a console more than a casual gamer. These are more likely to buy the most popular console, this is the same reason the iPod sells to the mass market. :D

Older and hardcore gamers will generally have most of the popular consoles. There's no law stating that you can only have one console. Unless you have some kind of stupid loyality to one particular corporation and getting the competitions console would mean commiting some sort of blasphemy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

If your top priority is a wide selection of games then ps2 obviously has a much wider selection, but i find the quality of games graphics detail,quality, special effects, range of colors shading on xbox games, is much better than the ps2, there is nothing like ninja gaiden,halo2 on the ps2 ,its not powerful enough to display such fast detailed graphics,but if theres still lots of good games like ssx3, finalfantasy on the ps2 so i wouldnt say its a mistake to get a ps2 ,its a matter of taste .It seems to me the average xbox game is better designed more complex,challenging then ps2 games but if u have children ,ull needto get a ps2 to get a wide range of games for all ages.its like quality xbox versus quantity ps2 ,but there are excellent games out for ps2 like timesplitters2,as well as lots of average games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It seems to me the average xbox game is better designed more complex,challenging then ps2 games

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement