Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Dealers and the forgotten art of calling back when they say they will

Options
  • 08-12-2004 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭

It has to be one of the greatest indicators of the deluge of easy come, easy go disposable money floating about that dealers can not now be bothered with ringing back, even after promising profusely to do just that. I know it's rush hour in dealerships atm, but they are obviously confident that the customer is lusting after their product enough to do the chasing themselves, while they look after whoever is shouting loudest at the time.

Well I for one won't be chasing them for the priviledge of giving them my money. One forgotten call back and that's the end of any and all negotiations and the remote possibility of them getting their hands on it.

The only problem that I'm encountering with this policy is that the problem seems to be endemic within the industry, and I'm going to end up driving a Kia Rio or something similarly horrific just because the dealer was courteous enough to return phone calls.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

What were you lookin at getting?
    I'd hold onto the 9-3!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

impr0v wrote:
    Well I for one won't be chasing them for the priviledge of giving them my money. One forgotten call back and that's the end of any and all negotiations and the remote possibility of them getting their hands on it.

Agreed impr0v..happened me earlier this year at a BMW dealer....I would have expected to be parting with a good few dollars........I mightn't have needed much coaxing .....ended up driving a new Audi A4 (not sorry either)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

ubu wrote:
    What were you lookin at getting?
    I'd hold onto the 9-3!

Heh, was looking at a new A4, but they couldn't be arsed ringing back, then a year old 5 series, same story, so they're both out. Might go to the next nearest Audi dealer in the new year.

I'm looking at a second hand Evo 7 at the moment, and they are ringing back because very few people can insure them and they've had it for a while.

Advertisement