Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peoples Republic of Cork capital of culchies

Options
  • 08-12-2004 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭

ok so ya know how Cork is the capital of culture for 2005, i was just wonderin if anyone has any plans to make it down here at any stage durin the year... particularly bands, cos as much of a joke it may be, its still a good opportunity to get exposure, bands such as the 66e and others, it'd be great to see some good dub bands make a foray or two south at some stage durin the year...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

the66e were down there a few weeks ago.
    xm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

it'd be great to see some good dub bands make a foray or two south at some stage durin the year...

we're headin down to the lobby on jan 8th.

then again we're not exactly good :)

Ah, you're alright. ;)
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭miss serena

Do ya know who I miss after moving to Dublin, Anonomous Groove. They always played on Mondays in The Yumi Yuki Club, its closed down now I think. I'll swop you them for a Dublin band. We could do a kind of student exchange thing, where Dublin bands go to Cork and Cork bands come up to Dublin! Cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

well now that ya mention it.. those lads had all gone off on their travels, i think i remember them sayin they were gone to brighton for a bit... but in the last few weeks they've been playin in the agora up on mccurtin st., and they're grooving as good as ever.... its taking a few weeks for word to spread, but everytime i've gone there there's been progressively more people... they advertise on their posters as startin at 9.29 i saw them a fair few times in the yumi yuki club.... we may have crossed paths before serena... one never knows in cork

lookin forward to the 8th and 9th polar.. big fireworks along the lee apparently and yerselves and Stanley Super 800 providing the lobby's entertainment on either night...

and maeve... howcome nobody told me bout the 66e in cork.... a jaysus... anywho.. please let me know next time they're headin south will ya... actually do they have a mailing list...

anyway more of the same for the rest of the year i hope

• Advertisement

Yup, I'll let you know.
    And I'll get you onto their mailing list too, just to be sure to be sure. :)
    xm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

koolaboola to be sure

Advertisement