Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grandaddy @ Olympia last night

Options
  • 10-07-2001 9:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

absolute pants.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Jim Daniels

I wasn't there, but I'm not surprised.
    I really like Grandaddy but the sound in the Olympia is always such a let down

Thats a pity all the same.
    I would have liked to hear Jed the Humanoid, somewhere like Vicar Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Lolo

I thought it was pretty good, actually, but then I'd never seen them before so I'd nothing to compare them to. I prefer the new stuff to the older stuff, and they did play a lot of the last album (no Dial-a-View though, boo hoo). I thought the visuals were great (more bands should make an effort in this department), and Jason Lytle's "Lá breithlá shona duit" was the best attempt by an American to speak Irish I've ever heard. Didn't change my life, but I was happy enuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

saw them last 2 nights(t in the park on sunday and olympia last night) and thought they were very good each time. atmosphere last night wasn't half as good as in scotland though, that said the set was better if only for it's length.
    the videos were excellent too, if a little on the weird abstract side. smile.gif

Advertisement