Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NIN or Tool

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

GaRtH_V wrote:
    i dont see how people can like their music tbh(NIN)
    ive great respect for trent reznor and co and a couple of their tunes are decent but i could just never get into them...whats the secret?:)

i could never get into tool........... whats ur secret?!?!?! eh eh ehe

yeahhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

oh yeah im just gona say tool again....but ya know who also kicks arse!.............................TRACY CHAPMAN! :D
    roflol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Ren0

The Aenima album owns!!!

As does Lateralus.

As for APC the majority of the songs are written by Maynard James Keenan and Billy Howerdel, with a few co-writeen with other members and some covers.

Hey, Hey, MJK! How many fans did you beat up today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 theyellowdart12

WHATS WRONG WITH TRACY CHAPMAN? u dont like tracy chapman? i like tracy chapman, everyone likes tracy chapman, how can u not like tracy chapman?..................TRACY CHAPMAN ( iv already said her name so much i migth as well do it again ) :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Buck Owens

Tool for definite, but Nine Inch Nails are an Awesome band

New albums by both of them sometime next year :D

What happened to Tapeworm? the group Trent and Maynard were starting?
    Is the song Passive from the Perfect Circle album eMOTIVe theirs? It says Trent co wrote it on the album sleeve?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

GaRtH_V wrote:
    i dont see how people can like their music tbh(NIN)
    ive great respect for trent reznor and co and a couple of their tunes are decent but i could just never get into them...whats the secret?:)

Start at the beginning and work from there. I don't think Trents work would make as much sense if you started listening to his latest stuff and then went back to his 1989 Pretty Hate Machine. Take what you can from the music - Reznor brought industrial metal to the forefront of things back when hair rock and dance music was blooming. He changed the alternative music scene completely. He's had Johnny Cash cover one of his songs. His music videos are some of the best ever (see Closer, Wish and me ol' fave Head like a Hole for proof). He can easily switch between piano melody to metal thrashing madness. He never does the same thing twice.
    Do I need to go on????
    Tool.....ok band, but alas I could never get into them. Stinkfist was good though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

definitely Tool all the way for me too, I only liked the very early stuff from NIN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Evilution wrote:
    He never does the same thing twice.

The end part from Closer was used in The Downward Spiral.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Numina wrote:

lol, got him there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

Numina wrote:

:rolleyes:
    Sunday appears to be the pedantic day of the week.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

hey, if he's right he's right.

Advertisement